Eraser burn. (TRIGGERING!)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dance_dancex, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dance_dancex

dance_dancex New Member

I did it again. Only this time, instead of cutting myself <edit moderator total eclipse method> I burned myself with an eraser. My arm hurts so bad. It throbs and is burned<edit moderator total eclipse method> I can't stop going back over it over and over again, making it worse. It still doesn't look bad enough so I'm going over it again in a few mins. I want it to look so bad and nasty that it bleeds continuously and my mom can't help but notice it. I don't want to hide it from her. I want her to see the pain that I'm feeling inside of me and how I'm taking it out on myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu hun need to stop this now go to your mother and TALK she cannot read mines hun she needs you to reach out to her and tell her how much pain you are in. Harming yourself is only causing you more pain and the scars will never leave you so stop it now and just TALK reach out and talk

3. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

this breaks my heart. i really hope my kids know that they can come to me at any time with any issues they have. i hope they never ever feel they need to hurt themselves to get my attention.

i don't know your mom, so i can't really speak for her, but most moms love their children more than anything in the world, most moms would die for their children. could it be maybe that your mom has something going on right now? that sh'es having issues of her own? that she's so wrapped up in her own problems right now that she just doens't see what's going on around her?
    like i said, i don't know your mom, or you, or your situation, but i think i'm speaking for any "normal" mom when i tell you to go talk to her because i'm sure she wants to know when youi're hurting in any way. if you find it too difficult to go up to her and just start talking, maybe you could write her a letter, email her, call her, to get the dialogue going. whatever it takes.
    good luck, and i hope you feel better.

4. swallowfall

swallowfall Active Member

i know what it's like to self harm and hope that parents will realise something's up, but i've realised it's not the right way to do it. i know that doesn't make it any easier, but please try to find another way to let your mum know that something's not right. trust me, she'll probably be more hurt that you couldn't talk to her. i know it's hard, so maybe tell someone else you trust who can tell her for you? if you go to a doctor or psychologist, their job is to keep you safe so they can even talk to your mum when you're not in the room if you want. either way, it's important that you get treatment. stay safe :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.