Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by AloneInTheDark, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AloneInTheDark

AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

I'm sure alot of you know about what happened in Columbine in 1999. I was just wondering what everyone thought about the actions of these teenagers. Misunderstood and unloved? Or just hateful, remorseless killers. I have been fasinated by the events of that fateful April day for years. And thought to myself over and over, what brings 2 kids to cause such a massacre. I have been trying to understand what was going through their heads and how they must of felt to end it all in such a public way.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I have studied the Columbine killers by watching documentaries on them. The best one was 'Final Report: Columbine.' All that stuff the media said about them being 'troubled kids' was bullshit. People who are being bullied don't go on killing sprees. Eric and Dylan were 'thrill killers' who wanted to out in a 'blaze of glory' and take innocent lives with them. I have no sympathy for those two and I hope they are rotting in hell right now.
  3. AloneInTheDark

I do believe they were bullied, in one of the videos they made round school you could see people push past them. However I believe they used this as an excuse to do what they did, and not as the reason for doing it.
  4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I think that it probably had more to do with their parents then school bullies, but I havent watched anything about them... I'd be willing to bet that their parents were real pieces of shit, though.
  5. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

some of you who constantly insist that those who are bullied are freaks to kill their bullies or try to take revenge because its a wrong thing need a reality check. you clearly haven't been in a situation like that so you don't have any right to speak. when you have been in that situation and have ostracized by each and everyone in the society its very hard to control your feelings. and with no help around all they need is one push. its a very horrible feeling. with that said i am not trying to justify those who take revenge or whatever, they need help.
  6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I would probably feel more sympathetic if they only killed the bullies, but from what i heard it sounds like these school shootings are more indiscriminate.

They may sound cold, but if a bully gets shot I don't feel anything for them. I'm not gonna say they deserved it either, but they brought it on themselves.
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

What exactly are you talking about here? I think it is wrong to murder people, certainly. Why do you think I need a "reality check?"

Besides, in the Klebold/Harris case it is not clear to me that they even got to those who had been tormenting them. The case of Cassie Bernall seems particularly instructive here. In fact, I've read some comments that a lot of the students at the school were not only not tormenting the "Trench Coat Mafia" they were downright afraid of them...and did everything they could to stay out of their way, long before what happened at Columbine happened.
  8. wanttodie

wanttodie Well-Known Member

I am not supporting murder either. I do not enough to conclude they were actually bullied or not bullied and I'm not even talking about this case but in general. All I am saying is that its incorrect to make generalized statements such as this -

"People who are being bullied don't go on killing sprees."

" They were inherently evil and demonic "

"they killed people for thrill"

These people obviously don't understand how a person who has been bullied and excluded from the society feels because they themselves never experienced it. A person who has gone through years of disrespect and being kicked around for no fault of his can definitely have the urge to take revenge. When a person is desperate enough and don't find help then their views become distorted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2008
  9. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

People who are making definite statements on why they did this are silly. No one knows 100% certain why they did it, except those two themselves. We can only speculate.
  10. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

These guys are obviously the manifestation of a failing society. A society that places more emphasis on money and glitter and marching in line like a good little robot than Humanity.

This type of thing is happening more and more too. And it is only going to get worse.

It's just a shame these guys had to kill all those people to leave their mark. Wasn't anyone listening to them? Didn't anyone care?

Were they abused? Were they denied opportunities? Were they bullied?

These are all things the media has covered up and painted them as psychos.

I don't think they were. Too well planned out and coordinated. These guys were totally sane.

But, its just easier to scapegoat them as psychos just like it is easier to call all Muslims terrists than to actually look at the reasons why some of them choose violence.

Well, they care now. Actually, they don't. Nothing has been learned from the incident. Other than stricter rules for high schools.

I am filled with hate

I can totally identify with their lashing out. But I do not advocate killing innocents.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2008
  11. AloneInTheDark

In the documentary, Zero hour, about columbine. It says that on their way out of the library that they actually sawa "jock" that had bullied them, but did not kill him or even shoot him. Instead Dylan or Eric just threw stuff off the desk he was under. Which seems odd, cause if the was revenge against the bullies, they only killed the innocent ones..
  12. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

From what i've seen of the case it is my opinion that bullying was just a catalyst for them. Who knows what went on in their heads and what they discussed all those years as friends?
    It may have been they ended up hating society in general which would explain why they were shooting anyone rather than specific targets. To challenge the order of things that they may have been repulsed by.
    Or it could have been a glorification of violence, or this or that.

I spose what we do know is that whatever they did it for, they definitly were in a frame of mind that had been caused by a lot of hatred and desensitisation.
  13. AloneInTheDark

I agree by that.
  14. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

They were mentally disturbed for sure. Bullying may have contributed to push them to do what they did but that definitetly wasn't the main thing. It was like a thrill to them they were quoted saying they thought they were having fun. They had nihilistic views about life and probably felt hopeless, and also were believers in social darwinism and survival of the fittest and nazism. Wanted to be remembered.

One thing is for sure, the government uses incidents like this to try and abolish the second ammendment, your right to bear arms. Never let that happen, we have that right mainly to keep our government in check and protect our selves and our property.
  15. super_dave31

super_dave31 Member

To the guy above me

you said the media made them out to be psychos - and yet they 'planned in detail'

you need to understand what a psycho is (eric harris was a clinical psychopath)
    thats exaclty right - clinical pschopaths know exactly what they are doing, they are fully aware etc

and columbine had nothing to with bullying

The guy who posted 2nd hit the nail on the head

basically - one was a clinical psychopath the other was a depressed - they fit together perfectly and wanted to die takingo ut other people
  16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't have to try to understand 2 people who put girls on their knees and ask them if they believe in God before blowing their brains out. That action alson tells me all I need to know. I only wish they hadn't killed themselves after so that society could see some sort of justice.
  17. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

That never happened. As I understand it the girl was actually cowering under a desk when Kleboid shot her in the head. Just some bullshit rumor to milk the tragedy for more ratings.
  18. saint6

saint6 Well-Known Member

i believe that they were misunderstood. i did a lot of research on columbine, i am very interested in these types of things, and reading some of the thoughts in their minds from their journals n such, their thoughts reminded me of myself and the views i have of the world.

i actually see them as heroes, but dont get me wrong, its absolutely wrong for what they did, someone should never go to that extreme of a level. i only see them as heroes for standing up for the weak and the defenseless.
  19. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

Exactly and I've mostly heard those rumors from rabid christian extremists who try to give it a religious angle by suggesting that the coloumbine shooters were jewish and hence they hated christians.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  20. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Nazis' Jewish, Gothic Satanists e.t.c. e.t.c
    Wonderful how even in the face of such misery someone manages to squeeze just a little bit more out to push their personal agenda.

Even the claims they we're lashing out for being bullied is supposed to be unfounded bullshit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.