• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

ERP therapy

I am in the process of doing erp therapy...exposure, response and prevention. You expose yourself to your greatest fears....in my case it would be that my family would disown me if they knew everything I did, that I may commit suicide, etc....you do this by reading a script over and over again in your head until supposedly your brain accepts it and thinks of it all as unimportant. The goal is to learn to live with the uncertainty of it all. Well, as much as I am learning to live with the uncertainty, most days I am more certain that I will die sooner rather than later and as much as I truly love and adore my family, it is what it is,....I work at living every day but it is simply becoming too difficult,and frankly, I am just getting so tired. Waking up only to look forward to going to bed is not living.

thank you for listening,

Winslow

Siamese Twin
SF Supporter
I am in the process of doing erp therapy...exposure, response and prevention. You expose yourself to your greatest fears....in my case it would be that my family would disown me if they knew everything I did, that I may commit suicide, etc....you do this by reading a script over and over again in your head until supposedly your brain accepts it and thinks of it all as unimportant. The goal is to learn to live with the uncertainty of it all. Well, as much as I am learning to live with the uncertainty, most days I am more certain that I will die sooner rather than later and as much as I truly love and adore my family, it is what it is,....I work at living every day but it is simply becoming too difficult,and frankly, I am just getting so tired. Waking up only to look forward to going to bed is not living.

thank you for listening,
At least you are doing therapy. At least you are trying.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00