Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by asqy, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

*sigh* i already cut my leg today, which is usually the only place i cut. but now, for some stupid reason, i really want to cut my stomach. =\
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Do whatever you can to distract yourself. Cutting is not the answer even though it seems that way right now. You need to search for a different outlet. Good lick xilon. :hug:
  3. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

Hey, trust me here, don't do it.

I only cut or burn my upper legs because I can hide them fine (hard now it's summer though :dry:) but a few months ago I got really upset and burned the back of my hand with a lighter. I really wish I hadn't done it, I have horrible scars there now and it's so obvious.

If you really feel you have to cut then do, just be safe about it - I know it isn't as easy as just stopping - but for goodness sakes please don't start on a different area of your body. It just isn't worth it. One day you will regret self harming at all and at least if you keep it to your legs you'll only have one body part to worry about hiding. :unsure:

Take care,

:hug: :hug:

~Nobody~ x
  4. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

i'm not sure how or what to say because i can't stop you making that decision. And it is a decision. Sure doesn't feel like one, but it is. It's your decision, your urge, your body, your responsibility. But, just imagine you're years down the line after that cut, that cut in the different place, and it was different, it was new. Maybe after that, it spread more. Maybe one cut on the arm won't show. But it's not like that. Because you think you're in control don't you, until one day you look back and you think where the hell did my life go, my life that didn't revolve around this shit. My life, where summer, swimming, sports, special occasions didn't create this panic, what am i going to wear, how the hell will i cover that? My life, where i didn't have to think about jobs in terms of their uniforms. My life, where my every waking moment wasn't about hurting myself and my every dream wasn't the same. And you know it gets worse. And worse. You know this. This is just one of the signs. The signs that pass you by and you fail to notice until you're just too far down that road. Don't let it happen to you.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about this? Personally, i think the best thing is find some other release, some way of 'achieving' the same or similar feeling/release/whatever it is for you as you do from hurting yourself, in a safe, non-destructive way. Until then, distraction, distraction, distraction.

Take care. :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.