Escape thru sleep

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cybrsk8r, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

Seems like the only escape I have from the stress and depression is sleep. I get home in the afternoon and take sleeping pills to knock myself out. I want to sleep forever and not wake up.
  2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I can relate to that. Some days I feel like I'm only living to sleep.
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Sleep is wonderful, I get to escape to a reality created by my mind. However, recently I have been wondering if my dream could become a reality. We all need rest. We just have to be sure that is not All we are doing.

I want to help, tell me your stresses. Let me see if I can help.
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Same here Emma, :blink:
  5. lifehiker

lifehiker Member

I'm with you on this one. Oversleeping is my big problem and I don't even drugs to it. I've had occasions where I've slept for nearly 24 hours, just waking up and going back to sleep. And then I just feel worthless for not having done anything.
  6. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I can relate as well.
    I can easily sleep 24/7 and still just want to go back to sleep.
  7. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

ya same here its the middle of the day & i just woke up happens everyday
  8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Sleep is definitely my way of coping, although if I sleep too much I feel like shit. So I take myself out, do a little shopping, go to the bookstore, sit down and read and take a little nap.

9. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I dont sleep to well - even with some over the counter sleep aids. I can easily be sitting on my couch at 3 am staring at the tv praying to get tired enough to sleep. I get over tired too while waiting on sleep - I twitch and hurt (the last doctor I saw said it was related to nerve pain or something of that nature). I do feel like sleep is an escape and would sleep forever if I could.. I know it sounds silly but what keeps me going are my dogs - silly coming from someone with a husband and child - my dogs are what keep me from (well you know).... Lately my sleep has been over taken by night mares though :( But still better than being awake and dealing with life.
  10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Sleep is victory.

It's a constant struggle. It's impossible to start, and even harder to stop. I always have to beat myself to force myself to begin, which limits the amount of time I sleep, making me exhausted.
  11. Noah87

Noah87 Member

Sleep is solace. I wish I could just sleep and not wake up too sometimes, but I try my best to have a normal 'relationship' with sleep since if I oversleep I feel terrible.

I wake up discouraged and filled with the anxiety, but a part of me feels, "maybe this is life's way of saying I'm alive. This is a phase" or whatever the f*ck.

All I know is, I'm gonna keep waking up and try my best at changing my life one day at a time. Slowly. I'm doing it, but it's hard. The memories, thoughts, feelings always make it so difficult but I'm doing it.
  12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I could sleep all day with my meds.. But I have sleep apnea and when I stop breathing my doig attacks me..He keeps jumping on me until I am awake..Then I feel like shit because I have the sleep meds in me..I just want to go asleep and have the world come to an end for me..
  13. Hdhsjsjsz

Hdhsjsjsz Well-Known Member

sleeping is the only medicine i have to escape from my emotional melt-downs..
  14. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

I want to sleep and never wake up too.
  15. serena

serena Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way. I try to sleep as much as possible to get away from it all but eventually I just can't sleep anymore. I've also noticed that my body's natural response to a lot of emotional stress is to sleep it off. I guess it can go both ways. Sleeping has become one of my target behaviors :/ ...
  16. sAd1

sAd1 Member

Sleep is the biggest pleasure for me. When I'm asleep I feel peace. Awake time is painful but when I am asleep I am free of everything and no longer have to fight the pain or wear the mask. I am so lucky that I can sleep most times. I wish I could be asleep all the time.
  17. thisistheend

thisistheend Member

sleep is the only thing I look forward to, I love my sleeping pills
  18. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Sleep is the closest a lot of people have come to death. It's alluring, in that sense.
  19. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I hear you. I do Ambien like they were tick-tacks. :biggrin:
  20. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

i love sleeping all though it was more enjoyable before everyday became a living nightmare i used to sleep very deeply now 3 hrs at the most i go back to bed but wake up every hour on the hour
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.