1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escape thru sleep

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Cybrsk8r, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

Seems like the only escape I have from the stress and depression is sleep. I get home in the afternoon and take sleeping pills to knock myself out. I want to sleep forever and not wake up.

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I can relate to that. Some days I feel like I'm only living to sleep.

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Sleep is wonderful, I get to escape to a reality created by my mind. However, recently I have been wondering if my dream could become a reality. We all need rest. We just have to be sure that is not All we are doing.

I want to help, tell me your stresses. Let me see if I can help.

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Same here Emma, :blink:

5. lifehiker

lifehiker Member

I'm with you on this one. Oversleeping is my big problem and I don't even drugs to it. I've had occasions where I've slept for nearly 24 hours, just waking up and going back to sleep. And then I just feel worthless for not having done anything.

6. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I can relate as well.
    I can easily sleep 24/7 and still just want to go back to sleep.

7. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

ya same here its the middle of the day & i just woke up happens everyday

8. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Sleep is definitely my way of coping, although if I sleep too much I feel like shit. So I take myself out, do a little shopping, go to the bookstore, sit down and read and take a little nap.

:anony:

9. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I dont sleep to well - even with some over the counter sleep aids. I can easily be sitting on my couch at 3 am staring at the tv praying to get tired enough to sleep. I get over tired too while waiting on sleep - I twitch and hurt (the last doctor I saw said it was related to nerve pain or something of that nature). I do feel like sleep is an escape and would sleep forever if I could.. I know it sounds silly but what keeps me going are my dogs - silly coming from someone with a husband and child - my dogs are what keep me from (well you know).... Lately my sleep has been over taken by night mares though :( But still better than being awake and dealing with life.

10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Sleep is victory.

It's a constant struggle. It's impossible to start, and even harder to stop. I always have to beat myself to force myself to begin, which limits the amount of time I sleep, making me exhausted.

11. Noah87

Noah87 Member

Sleep is solace. I wish I could just sleep and not wake up too sometimes, but I try my best to have a normal 'relationship' with sleep since if I oversleep I feel terrible.

I wake up discouraged and filled with the anxiety, but a part of me feels, "maybe this is life's way of saying I'm alive. This is a phase" or whatever the f*ck.

All I know is, I'm gonna keep waking up and try my best at changing my life one day at a time. Slowly. I'm doing it, but it's hard. The memories, thoughts, feelings always make it so difficult but I'm doing it.

12. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I could sleep all day with my meds.. But I have sleep apnea and when I stop breathing my doig attacks me..He keeps jumping on me until I am awake..Then I feel like shit because I have the sleep meds in me..I just want to go asleep and have the world come to an end for me..

13. Hdhsjsjsz

Hdhsjsjsz Well-Known Member

sleeping is the only medicine i have to escape from my emotional melt-downs..

14. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

I want to sleep and never wake up too.

15. serena

serena Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way. I try to sleep as much as possible to get away from it all but eventually I just can't sleep anymore. I've also noticed that my body's natural response to a lot of emotional stress is to sleep it off. I guess it can go both ways. Sleeping has become one of my target behaviors :/ ...

16. sAd1

sAd1 Member

Sleep is the biggest pleasure for me. When I'm asleep I feel peace. Awake time is painful but when I am asleep I am free of everything and no longer have to fight the pain or wear the mask. I am so lucky that I can sleep most times. I wish I could be asleep all the time.

17. thisistheend

thisistheend Member

sleep is the only thing I look forward to, I love my sleeping pills

18. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Sleep is the closest a lot of people have come to death. It's alluring, in that sense.

19. Cybrsk8r

Cybrsk8r Well-Known Member

I hear you. I do Ambien like they were tick-tacks. :biggrin:

20. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

i love sleeping all though it was more enjoyable before everyday became a living nightmare i used to sleep very deeply now 3 hrs at the most i go back to bed but wake up every hour on the hour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.