Escaping Reality

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Suicidal-Element, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Tend to take many drugs, dont get me wrong im not a smack head or anything but i do take to much,

i smoke weed pretty much daily will take coke an pills an evan shrooms when ever i can get them just to get absoulty shit faced to help me forget about everything, i also drink quite heavly i recived a txt other day of my old man just trying to help me saying i need to be carfull with my drinking as alcholism runs in the family. ( father in AA bad alcholic ) because i recently had a drunken accident which lead me to be in crutches for a few weeks ,which then i replaid a whole lot of abuse which really wasnt fair.

but these are the only time i am happy when im spaced out no worrys good for the short term but fucking me up in the long term as ive been getting very bad paranoia, i have screwed up day dreams about having bad pills so i buy shit laods just in the hope that 1 may be bad an put a end to this.

i serously dunno what to do i dont think im addicted to the drugs ( ye i know thats what they all say ) but i think im addicted to the escape if that makes sense

dunno but i know this my lifes only going down hill an im fuking everything up bit by bit nothing seems to be going right 1 step forward 3 steps back .
  2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

i so understand what you're going thru. I want nothing more than escape. But can't seem to find it. Other than in drugs or alcohol. I'm a loser, cause I can't find a rationilezation than before: I want to live without the "side effects", that is to say, I want to live without all the emotions that come with it. Is taht asking too much?? Idon't thing so. Anyone here that's posted before and finally gotten an answere... I don't want to live anymore feeling like this...

I posted this but didn't think it'd be so long til an answer. Answer or not, please let me know I'm not alone in my choices between sanity and insanity...

Never mind, I knew I was crazy...

all I want to do is escape, escape reality or whatever I have to face that I don't have the courage to face... call it "life". I'm afraid of it.

I need an answer. Am I crazy or just ... what??? I'm losing my mind over this, I need to know that I'm not alone... I can't believe I'm the only nutcase on the planet...
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2008
  3. True i see Drugs an alchol as a way out which doesnt get me out just deeper in its one fuked up situtation but hey what are we suppost to do

i vote on the insanity feels that way in my head so much fucked up logic,
    trying to justify the fuk ups we make,

what is the point?
    what are we suppost to do?
    is it evan worth carrying this shit on?
  4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i totally understand where you are coming from. i get that people say drink and drugs are bad etc but if the drugs can let us escape from it all, why should there be an issue over it?
  5. exactly my thought but yet it makes me evan worse in the long run.. more paranoid
  6. Ire

Ire Guest

I think the problem is that the need to escape becomes obsessive. In the end, it becomes all the person lives for, everything becomes focused towards that end.
    But then.. you have to question... if the only point to life is to escape from it, then why continue?

The answer is that there are other things to life... other things that can bring happiness. They are just ALOT harder to access than drugs or alcohol :sad:
  7. Yes, obsessive. In the end, I couldn't escape the reality of my obsession with escaping reality (and that was truly as bitter as reality itself)...
  8. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Alcohol was my escape from reality, but after a while it became the reality from which I wanted to escape... if that makes any sense.:blink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.