Eternal sleep?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Pécheur, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

For someone who is exhausted emotionally and physically, isn't the eternal sleep the perfect option?

I'd never wake.
  2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

No. There are other ways out, just have to keep trying. Seeking help and support can help you get back on your feet.
  3. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

i often wish i could sleep and never wake.

but, it's not the answer, ultimately.
  4. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

Thanks guys, but tbh I'm not seeking help and I know deep down I can never try to again after being humiliated by the people I looked up to and saw as mature role-models. I truly thought "professionals" were.

It just isn't happening.
  5. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

i'm not sure what you're referring to, but not all professionals are that. in fact, many are far from it.

i'm really sorry you are hurting so much. trust is so hard and when people break it, it can't be replaced.

i know how you feel, i've been there for about two weeks. at least you're not alone....
  6. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Even without death, you can still get the restfulness you long for, by using Buddhist meditation. In meditation, you learn how to tune out your emotions. After all, it's your emotions which cause you the Un-ease.

Whatever emotions you feel, whether it's jealousy, anger, fear, grief, or resentment, meditation enables you to cope with them. So you do not have to die, in order to get the restfulness you crave so much. In other words, no emotions = restfulness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.