ethics question on market

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by lifesux, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifesux

lifesux Member

So I as everyone who has money in the stock market has been losing BIG TIME...so today I took what measly amount I had left and put it in an ETFstock that short sells or goes against the market....and guess what?= I MADE MONEY TODAY :biggrin:

My question is...... Am I unamerican for putting whats left of my chips against US corporations??? If I would have done this a lot sooner I would BE HAPPY....HARDLY:sad: I guess I shouldnt care as much as I do about this being that I think about suicide a lot and those big fortune 500 companies wouldnt give a dam if I "did it"

but still, as an american I feel a tad bit guilty in what I did today....owell, at least I felt SOMETHING........

2. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

America and US corporations are not the same thing. You have no loyalty to any business, especially not to those who make enough money to outsource jobs to foreign countries. If they fail then they fail and it's healthy for them to do so. Thats the nature of a competitive market...at least, thats what it should be like.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

You made money...I don't think it matters. I can honestly say i don't understand all that much about the stock exchange and shares and such like, which i should as i'm doing business studies but *shrugs*
    I wouldn't feel guilty about it, honest :hug:

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Short selling is a very fundamental aspect of capitalism. The entire futures market is half short-selling.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Alot of those fortune 500 companies are owned by foreign powers. So either way you would be dealing with them....~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.