EUPD Drama

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by princessofelegance, May 17, 2016.

1. princessofelegance

princessofelegance Well-Known Member

"It's EUPD Niki, if it was something else I would know about it"

That handy piece of information was given to me today, coldly, by my CPN.

I broke down. How can this be happening to me again? I'm devastated. All the hard work I put in to get myself better and she comes and steam rollers my issues into one phrase EUPD.
    So how do I get given a life sentence of a dignosis at 20 and they are still treating me unfairly 4 years later....

'oh look at the drama queen, why cant she just sort herself out'

2. Striking

Striking Well-Known Member

Write what it means to you, every day, every hour, every minute. And then post it everywhere when you visit these "professionals" again.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Personality disorders might be something that is always with you... I recently had to accept that I'm AvPD... and I'm still working that.
    However, you need to remember that while it might be your diagnosis, it doesn't mean you can't stop fighting. You can work on how you handle triggers etc, you did DBT if I remember correctly? Did you find your books and tried practicing some of the exercises? Is it something you can work on with your therapist?

Hang in there hun, I know it's tough to swallow, but don't give up!
  4. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

you shouldn't take mental health too seriously. it's a very inexact science as of yet. i had a PD diagnosis (probably schizotypal) as well as schizophrenia and i just ignore it. in a clinical environment i couldn't hide my weird OCD type behaviors, but to me they all make perfect sense and i could explain them if i cared to, which i don't.

psychology has a long way to go before it should be taken too seriously.