European/ US foods

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Petal, May 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What are some foods you would love but cannot get in the states? I know curry sauce is one that's scarce and also cadburys chocolate, what else is there?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  2. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

This is one for Ireland. Those spicy mighty munch crisps. So much nicer than monster munch crisps but you cannot buy them here in UK. :dispirited:

EDIT: Just found a site selling one bag of them. £26. Bargain. :twitch:

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Petal. I think cadbury chocolates are commonly sold in the us if im not mistaken

Curry sauces are easily obtained here where I am. Chicago has alot diverse food markets

4. Petal

I do not think it is the same chocolate though (an american told me it wasn't). Plus I've spoken to a few americans on here that don't even know what curry is which I find bizarre lol Can you get the chip shop curry style sauce mixes?

5. Petal

I hope you meant to say a box :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. DrownedFishOnFire

Think theyre same thing im not sure....just googled uk and us cadbury

Us chocolate co hersey has license to sell cadbury chocolates

I see cadbury candy bars with all luxury bars like lindt etc..

https://www.cadbury.co.uk/products/Creme-Egg-2392?p=2392

I remember tv commerical all of time selling cadbury egg with rabbit lol during easter season. I do think cadbury gained popularity in US lately.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
  7. DrownedFishOnFire

Will see what youre talking about For curries sspecific style. I dont use curry but I see them to know theyre around.

We have alot indian related food stores I can think of two where I am at.next time I go to a food store ill look and let ya know

8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Nope one bag seriously lol. I'd link but I'm not sure how safe the site is. If they are selling one bag of crisps for £26, I have my doubts. :rolleyes:

9. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

Been a while since I had Mighty Munch (I do prefer Monster Munch), but a quick search says you can get a box of 48 of them for about £35 (including delivery). What I do miss from Ireland though is a proper breakfast roll... nowhere does it quite like the Irish.

10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Cadbury Flake!! My therapist gave them to us in group, and now I want to order some, lol.

11. Mab

Mab New Member

Hobknobs are damned impossible to get here. Worlds greatest dunking biscuit.

12. Petal

I love them, you can get them in every shop here, they're amazing :)

13. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

The chocolate is different here. The stuff in the UK is WAAAAAAY better. My dad is from England and goes back every year or so and brings back the good stuff. Even the bar size is different. Also the UK has way more flavours/kinds than we do. Unless you go to a UK specialty food shop then you can't get the same ones. :(

14. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

I remember when i was a kid my best friend's sister went to Scotland and brought back a whole bunch of Cadbury Flakes they were sooo good. Thankfully in the recent years you can now find them in most drugstores here in Canada. I haven't had one in a really long time actually. Hmmmmm. haha

15. Petal

They are widely available here in Ireland, personally I cannot stand them lol

16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well damn, why can't I live somewhere cool like Canada or UK :lol: Now I am stuck paying out the ass on Amazon if I want to get anything unavailable here :p

17. Petal

If you want I could send you some lol, they are easy to get here and they are so tasty. :)

18. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I wish In n' Out Burger would open some franchise locations in Canada. I have been there a couple times when visiting relatives in California and loved it.

19. James1994

James1994 Banned Member

To my American & Canadian peeps you must try proper English fish & chips your missing out ;)

20. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I'd love to. I think maybe best fish n' chips I have had was at a small takeout restaurant in the Seattle airport. I live in middle of Canada so ordinarily seafood is never fresh here, it's just not the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.