Euthanize-opinions?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by mittens, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mittens

mittens Active Member

******euthanasia or mercy killing for those unfamiliar with the term.

what is your personal opinion? perhaps the required circumstances for it to be 'ok'? If possible, please avoid the whole 'you will burn in hell' thing, and any variant.

My opinion
    Personally, even before my personal world crumbled I have always been Pro Euthanasia-myself being 17. The whole idea of this contractual obligation we owe to others that is forced upon us when we enter this realm of existence is absurd. why should we be forced to suffer for others? why does relief take backseat to the 'happiness' of others-all the while they are physically capable to lead a fulfilling life, and have NO idea of the feeling of watching the world pass you by.

does not the chronic anguish of our personal beings outweigh the pain of being a memory for others?

two words.

fucking greed.

the idea that you are just another resource for somone else is BULLSHIT, whatever happened to ME?. for YOU i am just another facet of your oh so fun filled life, for me it is unrelenting pain, disability, depression.

you can still have a career, you can still experience the joys of life, you can have a family--and be able to provide, hold, and teach all the aspects of life.

i can watch.

--Quality of Life: The pain and suffering a person feels during a disease, even with pain relievers, can be incomprehensible to a person who has not gone through it. Even without considering the physical pain, it is often difficult for patients to overcome the emotional pain of losing their independence. Moreover, despite modern painkillers, the added fact of in many cases being physically unable to take part in loved activities, wether it be sex, sport, or even being unable to use computer or hold up a book (laptops are win).

mellow dramatic: there is no hope, there are no dreams, i am emptiness

((Wasnt quite sure where to post this, but it may be applicable for me, and i have indeed tried, and the thought still lingers. i have now set a deadline (puns are silly) for my condition to recover. i refuse to waste my youth. i refuse to be handi capped and crippled. ))

anyway, your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  2. tintin

tintin Guest

I agree with euthanasia. I think terminally ill people should be allowed to die with dignity and don't see why it is illegal in the U.K :unsure:

3. mittens

mittens Active Member

agree, i believe it is illegal here in the US as well (damn republicans) .....(not you guys)

4. tintin

tintin Guest

Lol. It's cool. U.K sucks anyway. :tongue: I think it should be upto the person if they want to end their life.. It's there life after all. I think assisted suicide is kind of a bit wrong :unsure: as the person helping the person die will feel guilty afterwards and it's wrong to put that on them.

5. mittens

mittens Active Member

maybe they would.

its hard to say really-as im sure im never going to help somone off themself, but i would imagine if they were truly suffering, and had no alternatives, then i wouldn't feel so bad, perhaps sorry for their situation, mixed in with humanitarian peace of mind (for helping them out of their misery)

6. mittens

mittens Active Member

pro: not to mention the economical drain

7. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Death is not scary, but being in a situation where you're in brutal pain and unable to take your fate in your hands, now that is terrifying.
    I'm for euthanasia in specific conditions.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've been in favor of it most of my life. A couple of years ago, I fell ill. I had some kind of infection or something in my lungs and it was fucking AGONY! My entire existance was pure fire. Every breath was the stab of a dagger between my ribs. It hurt so bad to breathe in that I was breathing in short gasps and the pain was so bad, I'd immediately, reflexively exhale. Which hurt just as bad. I couldn't move out of the fetal position for hours.

The stabbing pain only lasted a day or two but I was very ill for weeks. I really thought I was dying. I eventually got better.

But some things are terminal and if a person had a terminal disease that was that painful, I can't even imagine. The cruelty of forcing someone who has basically no hope to live that way is incomprehensible to me. Inhumane isn't even the word. :sad:

9. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

I completely agree.
    anyone who disagrees i would like them to look a ill person in the eye day after day and explain to them who are doing the suffering why its wrong.

however there are grey areas to it, like if someone is been cared for by family, would they want to end it thinking they are been an inconvenience?

why is it that a depressed person can talk about suicide or commit suicide but a seriously ill person wanting to stop suffering is more of a controversy??
    A suicidal person jumps in front of a lorry or train, that was assisted, against the drivers will i might add and thats not as bad as a doctor/loved one helping someone who isnt able bodied?? (okay that argument might be floored but i hope that makes any sense)

10. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Simple: euthanasia....Yes or No.........Definitely YES.

11. mittens

mittens Active Member

yeah,--i want to give it a little more time i guess, im not sure if things will get better.

i know where and what i want to do and go, just my body has been messed up for a while, chronic pain, disability, the whole nine yards. crippling despair is always a plus

nearly bankrupted my parents from my medical bills to boot.

little longer before i pull the plug i guess. who knows, right?

12. mittens

mittens Active Member

looks like post got moved, figured it was in the right place because of me ultimately offing myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.