Even doctors tell me I'm hopeless!

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Silver_Wasp, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver_Wasp

Silver_Wasp Member

19/M

I have Borderline Personality Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Depression, And frequently feel like I could punch through a wall or worse. I've been to the ER 2 times in 3 weeks. I feel like I really am going insane. I have been in counseling for over 8 years. Over 9 different doctors of all kinds. Without fail I get to a point where my doctor will say something to the effect of, "We get to this point in every session, we're not getting anywhere." Or "Well, I can't help you it's beyond me." I am SICK of this. NOBODY knows how much hell I'm in! I have been to almost every doctor in my town. The reason they can say such things is that I am not fit for an inpatient program. But I'm unable to care about anything anymore, be it as simple as combing my hair, or even eating. I just don't give a damn.

The thing is, I understand that people care for me, but they can't do ANYTHING. And they know that too. Yet, I care for others. I feel like there is no help for me. One hour once a week is NOT enough! In fact, it make it worse. There is no inpatient treatment for BPD anywhere near here, nor could I afford it.

I don't really expect help from a forum of all places, maybe I'm just venting. Sorry.

2. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

Venting is a help in and of itself! You say you don't care even about combing your hair, but I bet you do care about something or you wouldnt be on here. Find what you care about and cling to that. Eventually something will happen that will change your life!

I am always here if you ever want to vent about anything at all. Even your hair, cause heck my hair sucks right now and I can understand venting about it. Hope you can find a reason to smile!

:barmy::barmy:

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I just wanted to reply so that you know people do care. I hope you keep posting here, because even just venting, having people to talk to, can help in some ways.

4. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

im sure when dr. tell u "you are hopless" to let you angry and try harder...its a way to get you motivate...
    and you dont need dr opinion...if you belive inside you that you want to get better,then you will...belive in yourself...and thats when youll get better

5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I care too. I know my answer would be: see other doctors. You're no pedophile. So You're worth more than you think. My psys have bad times with me. You can talk to me in PM if you want.

6. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

i have borderline as well, and the treatment they have out there for it is called DBT also known as dialectical behavioral therapy. it is a class that i took to help me with my borderline and i found it to be very helpful although to be honest at the time i didn't care for it. now that time has passed i find i'm always trying to practice these simple principles. for me here it is about a 10 week course of study done through the mental health center. it's always full too and hard to get into but patience will get you there.

please continue to share here as well. we are glad to listen and help however we can. please hang on and don't give up. please take care and we'll see ya soon.

btw you're not hopeless there are other methods of therapy out there i'm sure they haven't tried.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2009
  7. Silver_Wasp

Silver_Wasp Member

I think the only reason I haven't killed myself is because I am sometimes able to distract myself from reality. I think one day, I will just get so fed up and emotional that I go through with it. I might never feel better. That's something I just need to accept.

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.