Even here I don't feel I fit

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Scully, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I don't really know why. I always feel like I fit nowhere.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You fit here we care and can understand you It is your depression telling you that you don't fit. Don't believe it please keep posting and venting so you can gain the support of people who care.
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think you fit in here. But sometimes with depression, it's easy to start feeling like you don't. We do care about you though.
  4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Ok, that makes sense.

I really try to hold on. It's a decision I took when starting therapy and meds.

So it helps me a lot, thank you very much.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dana you DO fit in here. You are experiencing pains and thoughts and emotions that everyone else here can relate to. Like violet said it the depression making you see things that arent there hun. The depression and thoughts need you to be isolated to make themselves stronger. To be able to keep feeding you the lies and you'll listen. Think for a second.... when something was bothering you enough to post about, after you put it out there, didnt you feel a little bit more better? Not enough to make everything go away, but enough to be able to say phew that's out there now? And that's because for that moment in time you let others know what was in your head and the depression wasnt able to hold you then. Others knew!!!

You have to remember too that so many other members are going through what you are struggling with too. So they cant always respond immediately to a post or a pm. Sometimes in chat others are having a chance to be happy, enjoying a little silliness at a time when their depression has had a good run at them. Oh hun, people arent ignoring you or trying to make you feel like you dont belong. It the nature of the disease. And we ALL feel exactly like you are right now..... I dont even belong here at a site filled with people like me. But you do!!!!

Dont let the thoughts win Dana. You are much more better than them. You have too many good qualities to let some unrelenting feelings rob you of them. When you feel like no one else here that you normally contact is interested, that is the best time to venture our and make a few new friends. Go to the member list and just randomly pick a few members, and drop them a pm or profile message. Read some of the posts and ones that you can relate to , same thing, drop that member a pm. Bet you not only make yourself feel a little better but the other member too. Who wont like to get a message from a complete stranger. You both feel now like someone else cares.

Please hun keep posting. There are soooo many members here that care and understand how you are feeling right now. Fight the depression hun and others will help you too.
  6. titanicable

titanicable Member

I know how that feels, bleh. Sucks hardcore. But everyone fits in here =]

Keep holding on, though, cause you're not alone.
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I often feel like I don't fit in. I have all my life. I call it The Fifth Wheel Syndrome. :)

I realized that when I start thinking things like, "they don't like me," I'm actually doing the thinking for other people. In reality, I can't do the thinking of other people so I give them the benefit of the doubt. As it turns out, more people like me than I ever knew.

8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Actually, I read a lot here. I just don't post as often as I would feel like doing it. I'm not good at comforting people. I'm introverted and clumsy when it comes to emotions. I hurt for some of you when I read. I double don't want to make a mistake, saying something wrong.

But for the laugh, well I have some good days. Fond of House. Anyone?
  9. bluedays

bluedays Well-Known Member

I feel like I don't fit in here either. Or anywhere. I just don't know what else to do or where else to go. :(
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I love House :) I remember when I first joined SF. I would read all the posts and feel for the members, but i could not bring myself to reply or start my own threads. I was always afraid I would say the wrong thing or what I had to say was unimportant. Who would want a response from a loser like me? I waded in very carefully with a few posts. I was surprised when no one said what I had to say was stupid. I posted a few more. People will not always agree with what you have to say, but I find that you are appreciated for taking the time to reply even when they don't. You have a home here. You are welcome and will fit in just fine. :hug:
  11. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Just play dumb whenever you are in public and far more people will understand you than if you are honest.
  12. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I feel the same, everywhere.
  13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You have several cognitive disorders but the one that stands out to me is you sound as if you fortune tell.. I do the samething..You will fit in here nicely..The members here are very supportive..
  14. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I get that way a lot too. There are many days that I spend alone, talking to no one. I become so out of it that I feel I don't even belong to myself anymore. But if I can find some acceptance here, you can too.
  15. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I prefer to remain mute rather than to be dishonest.
  16. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean by fortune tell. Or/ and in what other cognitive disorders you noticed. I'm humbly asking. Anything constructive is welcome.
  17. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I never lose the contact with myself or reality. Loneliness is more coping from fatigue. And have to do what I want.
  18. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Thank you to all who commented.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.