Even I can be positive sometimes

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Most of the time, I tend to close myself off from the world...maybe I have become cynical, but I think of myself as a realist. In any case, I thought isolating myself from everyone would be the way to go. But it actually makes me feel more lonely, and sometimes I don't realize how much even one person can help. Today my neighbor was supposed to meet me, but she never came over to my house, so I was a bit disappointed. But when I went to the laundromat, I started talking to this nice person there...I found out that we have so much in common, and I really felt at ease talking to her. I'm a shy person, so it's hard for me to open up, but I am starting to become more social. So I'm excited at the prospect of making new friends, and to remember that not all friendships will end badly. I never thought I'd look forward to anything, but I'm going to leave myself open to new experiences in life. Closing myself off from the world is not the way to go if I ever want to get better.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so happy hun you met this nice person and i hope you meet many more hun Good for you hun not isolating anymore It hurts too much the isolation does hugs

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Thanks...I think it's a start in the right direction towards being a happier person. As shy and antisocial as I sometimes can be, it's good for me to get out there and meet people, even if it can be scary at times.

4. Solstadius

Solstadius Member

Similar experiences have helped me a lot. Sometimes it's hard to be calm to not take all of that burden to them but if you can manage it there's definitely nothing to be scared of. Nothing to lose just keep going! You actually made me feel better and now I'm thinking to go out again after many months. It's definitely the right direction.
    Thanks!