Even sleep brings no respite

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Random, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I seem to be so cursed, I can't even have pleasant dreams. Or even interesting ones. Yeah. I'd settle for interesting ones, even. Anything to escape. Instead, I go to sleep and I wake up and it's like I didn't even sleep. It's like a momentary lapse of consciousness and then, back to the grind.

When I do dream, the dreams tend to be rather unpleasant. I have recurrent dreams of being abandoned by my loved ones. Pleading with them not to go. That sort of thing.

Sometimes I think if I could just get away for a little while, I could cope better. But there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. I mean, if sleep doesn't even offer a micro vacation, what then?

2. letdown

letdown Guest

When I'm very depressed my sleep messes up too. I hear you. It's kind of like living a nightmare all the time when you can't get a good nights rest.

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug:

When you find out, would you tell me too?

4. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I know what you mean...I couldn't sleep last night. And the longer I'm conscious, bad stuff tends to happen.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It's not that I can't sleep. I can sleep fine. I just got up a couple of hours ago and I could go back to bed right now and sleep another 8-10 hours.

Thing is, when I wake up, it's like I never left. I don't feel refreshed. I just feel disgusted. It doesn't feel like I got away from reality for more than a moment. Everything looks the same. Everything IS the same. My life still stinks and I can't even have a dream in which it doesn't. Even my unconscious mind knows my life sucks....and is supposed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.