1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Even sleep brings no respite

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Random, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I seem to be so cursed, I can't even have pleasant dreams. Or even interesting ones. Yeah. I'd settle for interesting ones, even. Anything to escape. Instead, I go to sleep and I wake up and it's like I didn't even sleep. It's like a momentary lapse of consciousness and then, back to the grind.

When I do dream, the dreams tend to be rather unpleasant. I have recurrent dreams of being abandoned by my loved ones. Pleading with them not to go. That sort of thing.

Sometimes I think if I could just get away for a little while, I could cope better. But there doesn't seem to be any way to do that. I mean, if sleep doesn't even offer a micro vacation, what then?

2. letdown

letdown Guest

When I'm very depressed my sleep messes up too. I hear you. It's kind of like living a nightmare all the time when you can't get a good nights rest.

3. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

:hug:

When you find out, would you tell me too?

4. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I know what you mean...I couldn't sleep last night. And the longer I'm conscious, bad stuff tends to happen.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It's not that I can't sleep. I can sleep fine. I just got up a couple of hours ago and I could go back to bed right now and sleep another 8-10 hours.

Thing is, when I wake up, it's like I never left. I don't feel refreshed. I just feel disgusted. It doesn't feel like I got away from reality for more than a moment. Everything looks the same. Everything IS the same. My life still stinks and I can't even have a dream in which it doesn't. Even my unconscious mind knows my life sucks....and is supposed to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.