Evening all

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by treadstone, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treadstone

treadstone New Member

Or should I say Morning, by the time this is read.

May I first say warmest season's greetings to you all. Secondly, to the admins, cheers for hosting the messageboard.

So, to the point. I have a slight concern about my mental state. I have absolutely no desire to take that final step, life to me is one of the most sacred things on this Earth. Yet, I find myself thinking, or suffering from suicidal thoughts. I have yet to figure out the correct word for this.

For example, when I am in the train station and the express comes roaring past, I hear this little voice in the back of my head urging me to step off the platform. Or if I am on a high building, the same voice stridently suggests that I should leap off the edge. I know what will happen, and I know that I don't want to do what some part of my subconscious is yelling at me to do, and yet these thoughts keep coming, like some small child crying out for attention.

Surely this can't be normal? Secondly, is there any way of dealing with this apart from the approach of ignoring them? Can they ever be silenced?

2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome to the forum

good to hear your not actively suicidal but i think theres something about your life your not happy with or something.
    if your unhappy then maybe you suffer from depression and these voices are connected.
    either way maybe speaking to your doctor or seeing a therapist will explain these more.

3. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

I suffer from suicidal thoughts too, but I don't want to kill myself. For me, it's a side effect of my depression.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :)

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I think everyone has thoughts such as these at sometime in their lives. It is not that odd. I am sorry to hear you are having to deal with them right now. It is posswible that you are suffering from some type of depression. The way to deal with them is see a counselor and have them help you with healing strategies. Don't ignore them. I wish you luck. :hug:

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

8. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x
    (sorry its a bit late!)

9. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums treadstone!

I'm sure you'll find loads of support here. PM me if you ever feel like having a chat. Merry Christmas! :santa:

10. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF.

You could always just take measures to avoid such things, like staying off balconies on tall buildings, and staying closer to the wall while waiting for the train. Try to think of ways to distract them by avoiding such encounters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.