Ever changing society

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by derbygirl, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

hmmm, im a little bewildered at the moment. In order to make my suicide appear to be an accident i walked in front of cars listening to loud music....every single car i walked in front of stopped or swerved in order to avoid me (one was very close, i got verbally abused by this gentleman). Anyhow, since when did society care about other people? Or maybe these people were trying to avoid damages to their vehicles or something (legal pursuits etc). In case you were wondering, the reason for wanting my suicide to appear as an "accidental death" is because whilst reading many articles for a psych assignment, i discovered particular statistics about suicide, one of which is: people are affected by a person's suicide even if they only associate with that person. Perhaps ill stick to conventional ways. :unsure:

2. Leech

Leech Member

Perhaps they did just want to avoid damage to their vehicles. Or they might have wanted to save themselves from the guilt of running someone over. But my personal opinion is that most, and I did say most and not all, people don't want to actively hurt anyone. While they may not take a stray dog home with them, they won't cross the street just to kick it either. It's easy for the human race to passively "care". To make token gestures. But to actively get involved...that can be a different story. While a couple of people may have yelled at you, did anyone stop to ask if you were OK? But that's just my jaded view of the world. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I keep getting drawn back to this site. There must be at least a dozen people with signatures saying, here's my contact info, buzz me if you need someone to talk to. Active involvement, not just token gestures.

As for suicides affecting the people we leave behind. That's the prime reason I'm still here. There is a wife and a ten year old daughter that I don't want to dump a life of pain on. I love them too much for that.

Anywho...Glad your around for another day. I hope it's a good one.

3. Jackson

Jackson Guest

I agree with a lot of what Leech said. Even if cars were completely invulnerable to human bodies, just about everybody would attempt to avoid hitting you. If they thought you were trying to kill yourself, someone would probably call the police or something. Personally, I would be angry if a person tried to actively get hit by me. You'll probably end up leaving that person with doubt and guilt and nagging questions about whether or not they did everything they could to avoid the person. If the person was OK and I was pretty sure it was a suicide attempt, I would stop and talk to the person and try offer help and support. I think a lot of other people would, too.

4. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

i do agree with you both. for the past couple of weeks i was "engaged" (if that's a way to put it) in a psychotic episode, i know this now after a few phone calls from concerned persons regarding my behaviour. I constantly think people are going to steal my brain, i thought that by killing myself i would stop any person from stealing it; and the rational side was to make it an accident.

as you can imagine, im deeply annoyed. having something such as a delusion controlling me- pisses me off

thanks for the input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.