Ever Cheated?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by freddie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. freddie

freddie Well-Known Member

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months now.
    I know it doesn't sound so serious, but after about 4 months, I slept with another boy.
    Meaningless, emotionless, sex. Incomparible to the true sex I have with my boyfriend.
    And, I told him, I had to, I can't lie about something so serious.
    He's forgiven me now, although I'm sure it still affects him.
    Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has cheated on their partner and the effect it had on them?
    As for me.
    It was severe, and I still struggle coming to terms with it now.
    Just thinking about it is a major trigger for me.
    How disgusted I am with myself for doing such a thing.
    I think it was and has been much harder for me to come to terms with it than it was for my boyfriend.
    I used to self harm. And recently having stopped for a fair few months now, my cravings for self harm have become more extreme, to a point where I was avid that I was going to cut off my d*ck for what I'd done :') I know I know that sounds wildly horrid, but seriously, I contemplated this for a solid month, to a point where I'd be holding the knife ready.
    Hmm. My mental stability can be a bit wild.
    But I'm much more stable now and figured, I have to move on, If my boyfriend can be amazing enough to forgive me for such a thing, then me dragging it out is not going to help.
    Anyway, enough of me, lets hear your stories.
    Hopefully I haven't just embarassed myself and made me look like an absolute prick haha :(
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The fact that you feel so bad tells what type of person you truly are...and yes, I did cheat on a bf...years ago, went on a retreat and slept with someone famous (won't tell who), but opportunity to do so was strong than my rationality at the time...regretted it for a while and finally forgave myself too...J
  3. freddie

Ah nice to get a reply!
    Yeh I guess it takes time, I'm getting over it slowly, I think you have to really, I hate to dwell, but I can't just forget shit I've done. Maybe I don't want to, I dunno.
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

No, and never ever intend to. I've been cheated on before multiple times and it hurts like hell. I commend you for being honest and telling your partner what you'd done; that may just be the reason he's stuck by you and you should consider yourself extremely lucky and never even consider doing it again.
  5. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Had it done to me, but never have and i never bloody will either.
  6. freddie

To be fair, it's not like I thought I would either.
    I'm not that sort of person I thought I would've summed that up by now.
    Not everyone cheats becuase it was planned or in spite.
    We're human at the end of the day.
    And human's do stupid sh*t.