1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Cheated?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by freddie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. freddie

freddie Well-Known Member

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months now.
    I know it doesn't sound so serious, but after about 4 months, I slept with another boy.
    Meaningless, emotionless, sex. Incomparible to the true sex I have with my boyfriend.
    And, I told him, I had to, I can't lie about something so serious.
    He's forgiven me now, although I'm sure it still affects him.
    Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has cheated on their partner and the effect it had on them?
    As for me.
    It was severe, and I still struggle coming to terms with it now.
    Just thinking about it is a major trigger for me.
    How disgusted I am with myself for doing such a thing.
    I think it was and has been much harder for me to come to terms with it than it was for my boyfriend.
    I used to self harm. And recently having stopped for a fair few months now, my cravings for self harm have become more extreme, to a point where I was avid that I was going to cut off my d*ck for what I'd done :') I know I know that sounds wildly horrid, but seriously, I contemplated this for a solid month, to a point where I'd be holding the knife ready.
    Hmm. My mental stability can be a bit wild.
    But I'm much more stable now and figured, I have to move on, If my boyfriend can be amazing enough to forgive me for such a thing, then me dragging it out is not going to help.
    Anyway, enough of me, lets hear your stories.
    Hopefully I haven't just embarassed myself and made me look like an absolute prick haha :(

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The fact that you feel so bad tells what type of person you truly are...and yes, I did cheat on a bf...years ago, went on a retreat and slept with someone famous (won't tell who), but opportunity to do so was strong than my rationality at the time...regretted it for a while and finally forgave myself too...J

3. freddie

Ah nice to get a reply!
    Yeh I guess it takes time, I'm getting over it slowly, I think you have to really, I hate to dwell, but I can't just forget shit I've done. Maybe I don't want to, I dunno.

4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

No, and never ever intend to. I've been cheated on before multiple times and it hurts like hell. I commend you for being honest and telling your partner what you'd done; that may just be the reason he's stuck by you and you should consider yourself extremely lucky and never even consider doing it again.

5. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Had it done to me, but never have and i never bloody will either.

6. freddie

To be fair, it's not like I thought I would either.
    I'm not that sort of person I thought I would've summed that up by now.
    Not everyone cheats becuase it was planned or in spite.
    We're human at the end of the day.
    And human's do stupid sh*t.