Ever feel guilty of hateful thoughts?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by sanrio908, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanrio908

sanrio908 Member

Recently my counselor told me that the reason I was feeling depressed was because my own parents insecurities about me growing up and becoming more indepedant were holding me back. I immediately got annoyed with my parents every time they scolded at me for little things, thinking to myself that it was all their fault for making me feel miserable. But immediately after, I feel so guilty thinking that, they are my parents after all, who are willing to do anything to make me happy.

I don't know what to do now. I mean, is it wrong for me to feel angry at them when I've been told all this?

2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I hate.

I do not feel guilt.

3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

If you think about it depression arises because you cannot deal with anger in a constructive way.

For example, you get angry, instead of telling the person who made you angry you keep it to yourself and keep thinking about it, then guilt sets in because you got angry, then that guilt turns to depression.

Thats essentially what depression is, an inability to deal with anger therefore turning it inwards on yourself

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I have some now and feel pretty guilty about them...I feel like I should be blamed instead of being angry...it is all very hurtful

5. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

i do and i don't know how to stop them..

6. Hater

Hater Guest

No. I hate when I am hurted by something and what comes are my genuine feelings. Hate is self protection tool and hate is one tool of surviving. I miss my hate but I am just too tired to hate now, it is too soon to hate. Hate gives energy. My hate is most of selfhate or I hate things but I do not usually hate people.

7. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Hatred is a powerful motivator for me. It allows me to keep going through the long nights, and pull a mask over myself during the longer days.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I was always told to turn the other cheek.. I really very seldom actually hate someone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.