Ever feel like this?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ksmith621, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksmith621

ksmith621 Member

Hey everyone. So there were these two parties I went to. One was a month ago, the other was last weekend. I did consume a few alcoholic beverages which in turn lead to me being intoxicated. By the end of the night I was acting like someone that I'm not (like most girls act when they get drunk). The next morning I wake up extremely disturbed and feeling violated even though I chose to act that way. Then I start feeling disgusted with myself and even hating myself and the people involved. I start having flashbacks of the events which makes me spiral into depression. I've even considered harming myself because I can deal with the shame, anxiety, and flashbacks anymore.

I know this is like a typical college situation and most people regret things the next day. But I feel like this is so serious. I cat even function the next day. Crying uncontrollably, avoiding people, anxiety attacks, self harming, ect.

Anyone experience something remotely close to this? Anything? Please, just tell me I'm not the only one that's obsessing over my idiotic mistakes.

Thanks guys. Much love.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I have not felt that way drinking. But I used to smoke pot for many years. Then I stopped. About 10 years later i was at a party and had part of a joint.I found that I could not handle it. My emotional state had changed. I no longer could smoke pot. It made me feel horrible. And yes, triggered.

Do you think it would be a good idea to not drink again? Also, would you be interested in talking with a school counselor about it? I can understand if you say no. But i just thought i would put the question out there. Is there other stuff in your life that you might need to work through?

btw, seems like you are new here. Glad you are here !! This is a great and kind place. Or thats what many people think. I hope you will feel good about posting here as often as you want. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.