Ever feel 'reborn'

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Lorax, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Not in a religious sense, but like you have over come so many obstacles, that you feel like a "new person"

Or you get hit with so many new obstacles, you feel like your "old happy self died"

Is it a positive experience? A negative one? Indiferent? Details what happened?

I've undergone a large switch. Basically everything I used to value (ideal wise) is gone. I feel mildly confused.. Figuring out all these feelings i'd repressed for so long. But i'm happy to have them back now.

Like my lost ambition. And "other" personality traights which don't need to be in the open :)

2. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Sounds deceptively dangerous to me. Who you are, the traits you've developed is immensely important to who you are overall. While it's perfectly progressive to evolve or even overcome certain traits, this should be done through a realization and choice.

Things can whittle your energy and ability to care and maintain aspects of yourself, or how you perceive and interact with parts of life. So in essence when you care less, things seem easier and deceptively better. Don't humor that. Even if the things you value seem to be not a part of your life, the way you felt and connected with them is. Because it's a part of you. It's important to maintain that. Though I can understand it being next to impossible or it seeming to be pointless. But from one person to another, sometimes you have to fight for the things you value, especially when they aren't being respected by the outside world.

Life get's harder, especially when issues pile up ontop of eachother. And inevitably, you get harder. Don't let issues block the light of you out. Talk about them when you can, just to give them some light, and re-enforce your knowledge that you can do something about your situations. Which in the end, even if our issues block out the stars, it doesn't mean they aren't there. Or their significance has changed. jmo

3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I'd agree, we do naturally change given new evidence, or opportunity. (Some of us do) but i'd disagree that it's very 'important' to hold any old characteristics. If there is a new/ better alternative.

What you're describing seems more akin to major depression. Which would cause sudden lack of interest in old things/ being more content with a bad situations/ ect. (For me at least) and that isn't good.

I'm talking more like the sense you get from moving. Where you leave all your emotional triggers behind, and 'let go'

I can understand & respect your view, and it can be true in some cases.

But I feel it can *also* be good to change/ drop old traits of your self. In my case, it's been largely positive & beneficial.

Like in my case, i gave up my drive to "save" everyone. On the surface, it seems like a big personal loss. But it lead to me being overly empathetic/ being used/ being to scared to defend my self. Now i just do what I can & if i'm not wanted/ loved, i leave.

I was largely devoted to the Spiritual way, and not worried about $ at all. Now i'm becoming cold & calculated & ready to go out on my own. No matter the costs.

Plus my relations with others has gone.. Elsewhere. But where it went is where it always was deep down. I just repressed it. Though it is beneficial.

So it can be good or bad. I guess it just depends on what changes/ what reasons. & how you handle it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.