Ever felt pissed off by EMO's and people looking for attention?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Anonymous_with_fake_birth, Oct 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am feeling a little bit awkward about people ''having suicidal ideas'' while they only are searching for attention. Honestly I feel really bad for people who really have problems like real depression but in this :censored: up society everyone seems to be ''Depressed''.

We all feel down somedays of course but :censored: if it's everyday and you're only looking for attention sincerely get the :censored: out.

I'm not criticizing people on this forum or whoever feels suicidal. I'm just saying if you're in those :censored:heads who actually think it's cool then seriously you don't :censored: deserve to live.

You get the stupid attention you wanted while the person who really needs help ends up with a self righteous Suicide.

My grandpa committed suicide during the ex Yugoslavia's war. For obvious reasons I shall not list here.
    So I guess I can be considered as a little bit angry.

So what do you think?

2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

well... EMO is short for EMOTIONAL.
    Sometimes, people who are overly emotional express themselves in odd ways in order to get a rise or a reaction our of people-- similar to the way a bully would act to get a reaction out of a person.... except they are not out to hurt anyone other than themselves.

I don't think it's horrible.
    It's not great, either- but the stigma around being an "emo" is really sickening.
    When someone wants help, they should reach out and get help - if you are depressed though, it's very often something of an impossible task. A depressed person would rather wallow in their misery until someone forces them to seek out help and still- often times, they are not helped.

being an EMO is not something to hate a person for or to judge them for.
    That stereotype is just that. A STEREOTYPE.
    Pretty much every teenager in the history of ever has been overly emotional, lashes out, looks in different places for attention-- and it doesn't make them bad, it makes them normal.

So no. I have not felt pissed off by anyone who has seeked attention unless they intentionally had done something to harm me; then the natural reaction to this harm would be sadness or anger.

If you have a problem with someone because they do stupid things to get attention, then maybe you could take a second to think about why they might be looking for that attention? Or maybe you could ignore them and pretend they don't exist-- but every child and teenager and many adults work the same way. As human beings, we seek and crave attention from the rest of our kind.
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

My son talked about killing himself for many, many years to his friends and some of them (and some of his family) said he was just looking for attention. I was the only one who believed him..
    then when he succeeded at suicide one of them still said 'He was looking for attention"

Just wanted to tell you the other side of the story but I do agree there are a lot of people who say they are depressed but don't actually know what real depression is..
  4. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

I have a friend who does this kind of thing for the attention. She doesnt just say "oh im depressed" and stuff like that, she sometimes creates drama in her own life just to get attention and often drags me into it knowing full well that I freak in social situations, then uses me to get attention for herself.
    Being suicidal is awfull and alot of people are. I dont think many of them say that for attention though. I think it should be taken extremely seriously.
    Also I do not like the term 'emo' as I do not agree with any stereotypes.
    "labels are for soup cans and cereal boxes" after all.
  5. No1_knows_me

No1_knows_me Active Member

I get pissed off if the person obviously does stuff to get attention and really isn't depressed or anything. Attention *****s are the worst people I've ever encountered.
  6. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

Except the "emo" stereotype is not about being depressed. It's about LOOKING depressed. It's the hairstyle, clothing, and music, and the general attitude. It's what makes it a stereotype. Those of us who have depression are not emo by default; those who are emo are not depressed by default. The difference between the two are massive- Just like the difference between goths and emos. To many, it's the same shit. To those that belong in one of the groups, or at the very least gives it a moment's thought, will see it's not.

So, yeah, we're fully justified in calling them out and showering them in hate. They make it less socially acceptable to actually have issues, because now people assume you're just another emo- Using small issues ("Why don't girls like me"/"Why don't my parents understand"/"Why can't I get an iPod"), playing them up into massive calamaties, and then bitching. Plus the vanity and the "faggy" looks they have. Sweet jesus, have you seen their hairstyles? It's just.. BAD. And the brand-whoring, too.
  7. I don't attack EMO it's just a word I used like that.

And I just wanted to say it's a stupid way to get attention, instead of being intelligent, brave or whatever.

I just feel the way it's better to show a good side of yourself rather a bad one.

Because most of the people don't care, so just be the best you can.
  8. vroomvroom911

vroomvroom911 Member

I'm 18, and I'm depressed, have been for awhile, and i know for a fact that half the emos in my school only dress and act that way because they think its cool, I look normal and in fact people would never be able to tell i'm Depressed just by looking at me and talking with me. I'm to scared to say anything is wrong with me, but those emos think its "cool" to pretend that their life is awful and they're just so depressed because their parents won't let them do whatever is they want to do. Most of them don't even understand how hard it is to go through what depressed people do.

Now I say most, because there really are people in those types of groups who do understand, and do go through what we do, Its crap to try and group people up like that, because no matter what stereotype you assign people, it doesn't mean that all the people who happen to fit in it are actually like them at all. Does that make sense? I'm not sure if it does, but thats just my opinion. So i try to keep an open mind about it.
  9. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Winston Churchill; because depressed doesn't mean emo.
  10. Random

Random Well-Known Member

The world is a depressing place. There's not much to be happy about, frankly. Some people apparently find some reason to fake it while others are just plain honest. Maybe too honest. That's what really pisses people off. They don't like to be reminded when they've worked so hard to fool themselves.
  11. boo

boo Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell who's truly suicidal, that's why the best thing to do is to be patient and open minded towards them. But i do get very annoyed when someone cry wolf one too many time. I don't like to be mind fucked :mad:
  12. assek

assek Well-Known Member

yes, some people may want attention just to seem cool. BUT there are people that seem like they are seeking attention, but deep down, they are begging for someone to help them.
    while growing up, i did some things that you could class as attention seeking, but to me it was much more than that. i didnt know how to express myself, why i was feeling so down and i just didnt know what to do or who can help me.

and like boo, i also get annoyed with people that cry wolf often...
  13. Yeah I see your point here guys.

I'm still a hater of those kind of people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.