ever get really unhappy when seeing other people having fun?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by oldgregg, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgregg

oldgregg Member

I just feel like why cant i have that then just feel like crying
  2. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

Re: ever get realy unhappy when seeing other people having fun?

i get like that sometimes
    then feel paranoid about it

it sucks.
  3. Tara

Tara Guest

Re: ever get realy unhappy when seeing other people having fun?

yup. i feel exactly the same!
  4. Syd

Syd Guest

I usually feel better when others around me are having a good time. It tends to rub off on me.
  5. Sil

Sil Well-Known Member

I think it's normal for people like us. maybe we feel bad for different reason, but we all want to be happy somehow, isn't it? It's not I don't want other people to be happy. I know it's the same for you. It's just it hurts...
  6. Pneuma

Pneuma Guest

I get really unhappy when I see happy couples. It just reminds me how unlucky with love I am.
  7. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

yeah i know how you feel. every time i see a happy couple walk by, I die a little more inside. seriously, it hurts that bad.
  8. The Departed

The Departed Member

I know that too, although I don't feel like that always. Most of the time I don't notice it(Or try not to, I don't know). Sometimes it makes me a bit sadder but sometimes It really hits me and I start crying and ask someone in my thoughts who I consider lucky if we could just trade our lives for one day... Just one... I know it's much too much to ask and totaly utopistic but In those moments I see the things I don't have in my life and that this person has, and probably takes for granted, and just wanna get out of my life
  9. Syd

Syd Guest

Actually, others tend to make a lot of fun out of my unhappiness. Then I realize I've made them happy which takes me to my previous post in this thread.
    Talk about a win/win situation.
  10. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

when i see people doing normal things that i cant do, makes me feel bad.
  11. theOtherGuy

theOtherGuy Active Member

Every moment of my life. This is why I avoid any kind of social event. The way it works for me, when I see people conversing with each other...smiling...I just get angry with myself. Jealous that I can't be that way. I get so mad, that it just annoys me to be there. I prefer to stay away from the situations altogether before I snap at someone there (trust me, I have snapped....).
  12. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

yeah this phenomenon is like a deranged squirrel biting its own tail. nobody wants to be around a downer and a downer feels even more isolated and depressed when surrounded by people who are experiencing what is so hard for the sad one to achieve! Also, the well-meaning "non saddies" can't be blamed for saying useless **** like "you have nothing to be sad about," making you feel like not just a buzz-kill but a pathetic negative nancy as well
  13. well, for me...they're normally happy at my expense. people will tease me, abuse me...they'll be really pleased with themselves completely unaware that they've killed me that little bit more.
    i suppose i'm bitter, not because they're happy, but because they couldnt care less if i was okay or not.

i suppose i feel isolated. isolated and alone. that's me.
  14. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i'm a professional isolator. i could be in a crowded room and still be alone. i've been alone for a long time. it really depresses me when friends are happy. i pretend to be happy, but it is all a mask. it's been so long since i've been happy, truly happy for more than a fleeting moment that i can't even remember. it's almost like perpetual mourning.
  15. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I am numb. I cannot entertain any thoughts when I see them; it is always a question whether people are only pretending. This is the reason I stay away from social party.
  16. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. It's salt in the wound. I try to be happy for people, but I just feel more miserable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.