Ever Get...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by absolution, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

...so involved with someone in dyer need to be saved from themselves it throws you into crisis, but yet you cant bring yourself to leave their side? i cant leave her but yet im going deeper and farther down. i just dont know what to do. i want to curl up and fade...
  2. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I'll be fine hun. Take care of yourself now!:hug:
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Is there a way to set limits so that you are not giving what you do not have? It is exhausting to assist someone who is very upset, and yet, as you said, you cannot walk away...hope you find ways of taking care of yourself...big hugs, J
  4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

she wants me to leave her but i cant. and im not sure i know what you mean but limits hun :hug:
  5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I guess by limits Sadeyes means knowing when to back down a little bit.Learn your own limits by recognising when you need to help yourself before somebody else.It sounds selfish to put it into words but you cant give somebody 100% when you are running on empty yourself.

Only today I learnt this lesson.:i'm sorry:
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Only you know how much emotional energy you have at any given time...never give more than you have or it will cost you...if someone is in crisis and requires that much attention, his/her problems may exceed what you can do...maybe this person needs professional help as well...also, it is very important that s/he takes responsibility where it is warranted...we cannot help anyone until s/he decides s/he will accept help...whoever s/he is, this person is fortunate to have a friend like you...again, big hugs, J
  7. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

guys it hurts so bad...i cant do this :cry:
  8. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm in that s*#@ now...you gotta walk away before it destroys you ..:hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.