Ever hear a song for the first time and feel like you already know it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

This might sound a bit silly. But do you ever hear a song and you're sure you don't know it but the tune just calls out to you, and its almost as if you know the tune and you know the lyrics anyway?
    Like the song just calls out to your heart, and its almost as if you're MEANT to know that song, as if it's already been blueprinted inside of you, despite the fact you dont really know it.
    I know sometimes you hear songs and recognise them from hearing them before, but I dont mean like that.
    Does anyone else know what I mean?
    I remember downloading Tori Amos's Winter years ago when I was twelve and I'd never heard of her before and I just felt this. Like I knew the song, and not just in a 'i might vaguely recognise this because i might have heard it on the radio ages ago' way, but in a way where you just KNOW the song within your heart.
  2. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

Just me then?
  3. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Me too me too me too!
  4. xZombiexAngelx

xZombiexAngelx Well-Known Member

Definitely! The song Miserable At Best by Mayday Parade. The first time I heard it, it just... called to me. If that makes sense. Every time I listen to it, it pulls at my heart strings and just breaks my heart. I felt like I knew the song before I even heard it. I never mentioned it to anyone, because I thought it was weird.
  5. jota1

jota1 Well-Known Member

I suppose there is an finite number of sequences of sounds that can be made up. Most are just slight deviations of the same sequence of notes, some more similar than others. I expect most of us have felt this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.