Ever heard of cake pops?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by itsashleyniicole, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itsashleyniicole

itsashleyniicole New Member

First off, I would like to apologize if this is in the incorrect area; I'm just a tad bit new here. But getting into the topic; cake balls. Have you ever heard of them or have you ever had any? They sound really good, and I was going to attempt to make some for some of my friends at school. Does anybody have any suggestions as to combinations? E.g. Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. I'm totally open to any and all suggestions!
  2. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello there, itsashleyniicole. Welcome to SF. :)

Yep, this is the right place to post this. I don't think I've ever heard of them. Looking at google here, it's sort of like a chocolate truffle thing with cake inside? That sounds delicious.
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have heard of them with cheesecake. Just make the cheesecake. then maybe partially freeze it. I cant remember. i do not know what to put around it other than graham cracker crumbs mixed with butter and sugar. perhaps some preserves and then the crumbs. I do not know. Google it. i just did. Cheesecake pops recipes. Or cake pops recipes. How about brownie pops with peanutbutter frosting. Or carrot cake with creemcheese frosting. how about lemon pound cake pops with lemon glaze ( grated lemon rind included) here is another wonderful idea. Make the cake pops. and serve them with little side dishes of things they can dunk them in, or sprinkle on them. eg chocolate sauce and whipped cream and pureed strawberries, nuts ... chopped reeces peanutbutter cups, go wild and have fun !!!
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I've had them...Yummy! Very sweet and gooey, though. I don't think they're baked as "balls", so when they're cut to shape, the sliced edges of cake soak up a lot more icing than the baked sides or top of a cake would. Maybe a slightly stiffer icing would have helped.

Btw, feel free to send some to me anytime if you need a taste tester. :D
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I've never had them, but whoa! They sound good!
  6. ronnymarie

ronnymarie Guest

They actually sell baking utensils for these cakes. They are sort of like muffin pans, but with a half rounded portion for the bottom, and then another half rounded portion that clips on top so that the cake bakes up into a round ball. Starbucks sells the balls and they are really good. If you are interested in purchasing a round cake baker, I'd just check amazon, etc
  7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

oh yes. I just googled cake pop pans. lots of places sell them. Including walmart. I am getting vicarious baking thrills from this thread, lol.
  8. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have made them before, depends on how you wanna make them, you can get a special machine that cooks them as balls. but the common one is to smash and shred a cake and mix with butter icing, then roll into little balls, coat in chocolate firm icing, or whatever you want and chill. Absolutely gorgeous stuff.
  9. TriumphRider

TriumphRider Member

Never heard of them but I have one heck of a sweet tooth I gotta search out some of these things.
  10. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

I read this right when i realized i'm starving :'/
  11. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Don't have any advice on how to make them, because I never have...now I need to really soon...haha
  12. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

googled. look like chupa chups. but funkier!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.