ever liked a scar?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by morning rush, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

ironically the scar I have was not made by me, but by mistake during the night when I bumped into my book case and there was a nail that really cut me...so now I have that scar and my mom thinks it's awful but I actually like it. I think it gives me character or soemthing....

I know it's not a good thing to think that way...I'm not saying I want more scar...but I really like it...does that make me weird? :/
  2. krazor

krazor Active Member

No it doesnt make you weird i have a few scars which all have funny stories behind them and i would never want rid of them. Depending on the circumstance and background behind scars arent bad some tell stories some are reminders of our past and some are just there because we are clumsy and walk into things haha :)

If your comfortable with it then thats all that matters but please be more careful :)
  3. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

I got a few scars when a little kid, from stupid stuff, really didnt care about them, looking back, i remember how I got some of them, some funny, some not.

If I could say I like any scars, I would say no. Will never say I like SH scars, ever...
  4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i don't like a passific scar, nah... but what i like doing is taking my other hand and feeling them all- just going up and down with my fingers.. not sure why- kind of a habbit i got in to
  5. DifferentKindaGuy

DifferentKindaGuy New Member

I have a scar underneath my right on that goes a couple inches across my face. It's from a cat that scratched me when I was 3.....I forget about it all the time. When I do remember it I think it looks kinda cool.
  6. varek

varek Well-Known Member

They tell a story about you, they're part of who you are. I don't know if I like mine, but I wouldn't change them.
  7. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

i used to be pretty anxious about my SH scars before, but over the years i've kinda grown accustomed to them, and i don't rly mind them being there anymore. i personally find scars to be kind of attractive, i also wonder where people got their's whenever i notice. i don't like to show off my scars tho and i do mind when people feel sad/worried for me when they see them, cuz i'm not rly a fan of hurting others. but i also don't want to get rid of my scars either, cuz there's so many memories and feelings [or the lack of them] behind them. my mom made me use a cream to reduce scars a couple years back but i didn't rly want to use it, kind of makes me sad to see some scars fade, haha. and i don't think you're weird for that ;p, people often kinda feel similar things, but we just don't know it.
  8. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i dont have a specific scar that i like but for me i acturally like my self harm scars and hate when i can tell they are fading and thats when i get this urge to add more to replace the fading ones im not really sure why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.