ever regret attempting?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by emily83, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

have you ever felt bad after attempting.

like, you know.... dam i wish i hadn't have done that

i think for me their's been times where i've meant it and don't regret attempting at all- but their's other times where i didon't really want suicide... it was just my mood that caused me to do it- and i regret some of those times
  2. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Sometimes I regret, or half-way through my plans something stops me. Pain has stopped me with certain methods, which is good. But, when I am distressed I do not think properly, and do stupid things. I feel bad for wanting to and the distress it will cause others.
    Suicide is never your only option, you have to be brave to stop yourself or survive, I think.
  3. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

No. Because I haven't attempted it yet. But I have regretted not going through with it when I wanted to attempt it.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

please do not attempt it again.
  5. emily83

i actually have to disagree with you on that statement, their are some people in so much mental pain that it is the only option for them

their comes a breaking point in all of us
  6. emily83

seeing as ending my life is something i feel very strongly about, and something that i want to happen, i don't see that happening.... but thanks for caring
  7. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Emily,
    My personal belief/view is pro-life, which is why I joined a site like this. Other sites are not pro-life and should be shut down. I have experienced severe mental distress for 35 years and I am still going, I have seen people in terrible despair, and I wish to offer a solution as I believe there always is. I would not answer those wishing to end their lives if I did not believe things can get better. Most people are not serious about suicide and it is a cry for help. Yes some have terrible mental distress, yes I do believe that can be changed through a variety of measures.
    I will never support suicide as I know the pain it causes, when you are stuck in mental despair you will get out, but you have to accept help.
    Even people abused for years get better and those who have been tortured. Most mental illnesses can be treated, sorry but I will never agree with your viewpoint Emily.
    I am sorry you feel things may not get better for you, they will. You need help to recover/treat/ignore etc all manner of symptoms, please don't give up.
    Take care
  8. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

I know this is a support forum, and I'm by no means trying to glorify suicide, but I believe that if someone honestly feels they want out, then they should get out. Only after considering every possible alternative, of course...
  9. JRobert

JRobert New Member

I don't regret past attempts (serious ones) one bit. It brought some needed help at a time when there was no other way. I've also learned a lot since so if/when I become trapped again or my internal emotional agony becomes too much, my chances at succeeding will be much better, and no if/when that situation should rise again, I'm just that much less afraid of doing it again.
  10. emily83

kate, we'll agree to disagree then. you're entitled to your beliefs and views, and i'm entitled to mine... hell if we all thought the same, the world would be pretty plain, right?
  11. unnoticed

unnoticed Well-Known Member

I don't regret attempting.. just not succeeding
  12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I would not say that I have regretted it, in the way that you talk about, however, having to live the rest of my life with the injury and pain - that is one thing that I do regret and would have turned me away beforehand, had I known just how badly I would fuck up my arm.
  13. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

Yes everytime. I have attempted suicide over 20 times in the last 5 years and every single time had left me in worse shape than the time before. In a blind rush to escape my problems I ended up creating even more problems. It isn't worth it. I'm lucky to be alive. If there was any justice on this planet I would have died in a overdose a long time ago. But whatever is out there has other plans for me and for that I am grateful. I may not be the happiest person today, but I'm alive and you know what I have the will to live today that i haven't had in a long time. Things DO get better. Suicide doesn't solve shit, it's an escape, a last resort. Some people forget that. I know I did.
  14. frantic

frantic Well-Known Member

i have never regretted an attempt, just regretted that i failed.
  15. Big M

Big M Well-Known Member

I regret attempting suicide every single day. That doesn't mean I'm happy to be here, I'd love to disappear many days . It's pretty much for my family I feel guilty I attempted it.
  16. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

My last attempt scared the living daylights out of me because it was the most serious. If I was not unconscious during the whole ordeal, I would have suffered more pain and discomfort. But because I was in a coma all that time, I found it pleasurable being unconscious. I'm struggling to not do another attempt because I can feel another one coming soon. I wish I will never again do it, but if push comes to shove, I might do it again. However, I'm trying my hardest to not dwell on suicide because I might live to regret it even more than ever, especially if I survive. What if I really do physical and mental damage and I have to live with that for the rest of my life. What really happens if I die? Even though I say I'm a Christian, I test God and take matter in my own hands. But I would hate to know what really happens when I die because I don't want to do the wrong thing.
  17. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

For a week after i felt guilty.
    Not bad, but guilty about the expense i put on my family.

Everyday i wish i had taken my biggest chance.
    I think huh.. I've experienced so much since then.
    Then i realize, i'm still suicidal thanks to what i went through these years.

Not to opt anyone for it, i want everyone to live.
    But i wish i had used my last option.
  18. mpang123

After all my attempts I still haven't learned from it. I still want to kill myself no matter all the intervention i received over the years. I frel hopeless and really want out. I dont see a reason to fight anymore. Nothong matters and everyone will continue their lives without me so i dont think i should live just because they want me to. To each his own.
  19. mpang123

To face the aftermath of what i did is worse than the actual attempt. I wish i never survived. I'm trapped and can't seem to move on.

GRUMPYPA Member

I made a complete fool out of myself on my last attempt just a week ago, the <Mod Edit - Methods> and I knocked myself out. I do regret, as we are always told it is the cowards way out ( I was an ambo for more than 20 years and always called the successful suicides, cowards and time wasters until I was standing <Mod Edit - Methods>. this hurt me the most how I treated these people I am still riddled with guilt and I have been retired for 15 years.. we should never judge )and I do regret what I would put my Wife and three son's would go through and how they would explain to my 9 grandchildren why they cannot see Pa anymore.It is not fare that I only live for my grandchildren, don't take me the wrong way I love my grandkids to bits and would do anything for them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.