Ever see that movie 'Open Water?'

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dani_cali, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dani_cali

dani_cali Member

That's where Im at. Right when she realises what is the point of fighting, because she knows she is f*cked. I mean, I've been treading for over two years now. I left my abusive ex husband, who is a master of deceit and is highly intelligent (think hannibal lecter) in Feb 2008 due to psychological abuse which I could no longer tolerate. My little boy of course came with me. It was only down the road for the first year and a half. We then moved an hour away, just to get away from him a bit.

The thing is, its been over two years and he is still dragging me into court over this and that, he has systematically crucified me from the moment I left him, starting with false allegations that I was a threat to my own son, which is the worst most vicious thing anyone has ever done to me. And he just has come at me from every conceivable angle since. He is a master at fooling people like judges, solicitors, doctors, social services, you name it, and all of it has caused me injustice, and undue grief. he gets his partner and his solicitor to help him as well in causing me grief. i have no money for a solicitor and was badly let down by the one i had, who is now asking for 10k for doing nothing for me.

and i have fought him like a wild animal for the sake of my son. who knows, maybe i have even turned into a wild animal, there are days i feel like one. i have lived in poverty, been made to deal with benefits bullies (eg councils) who also come at me regularly, i am in debt with everyone, i have not had a penny ancillary relief, i have no joy or fun anymore, i just exist. every day, more grief comes through the door.

my ex will never stop. this to him is a game of brinkmanship. the only way to get him to stop getting at me is for me to be dead. even if i handed my son over to him, which would kill me anyway, he wouldnt stop harrassing me.

he has gotten away with murder. all of it, legal. i mean, if i did kill myself, is it so much suicide as it is a sort of indirect murder? a person can only be pushed so much.

anyway, if youve seen that move Open Water, I am the lady surrounded by sharks in the middle of the sea, with no chance of help. i have no friends here, and no family to help me.

what ever would you do. x
  2. Concave

Concave Active Member

That sucks. Just know that eventually he will get what is coming to him...can't go through life like that and not expect karma to bite him in the ass. I feel for you. Hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel
  3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

..... At the end of the film people realised they needed help and they went out for them .... it was just too late. Don't let it be too late for you. You have to be strong for your son aswell as yourself. Don't let your ex bring you down, that's what he wants. Don't let him win. Mabye you could think about placing a retraining order on him so he can't see or contact you? There are organisations within the UK that could help you with the abuse you suffered and how to deal with it in the future.

Stay strong for your son. It's not too late x
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry your ex is being such an ass...people like that can't take rejection..it's part of their control...
    suicide is not the answer though...that means he wins and he will get your son too...
    better your son stays with you and gets the upbringing he needs....
    I hear how hard it is for you to fight and it's causing you stress and anxiety....
    is there a "legal aid " system where you are?...maybe they can help with free advice or other services....
    are you able to get counceling to help you cope through all this?
    can you go to a charity organization for some help and advice?....
    I hope you will keep fighting those suicidal thoughts...
    take care and stay safe....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.