ever thought things were finally going right, and then it all went rotten?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fighter, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fighter

fighter Member

have you ever felt terrible for a long time, but finally something started to happen in your life that would change everything?

i don't want to be specific, but recently this happened to me. after years of depression and suffering it looked like things were finally going to be good. an opportunity to finally be happy in my life came.

but it didn't last. before anything actually came of it, it all went wrong.

now I am beside myself with dispair. I felt bad before, but now I feel 10x worse than I did. It is torture, plain and simple.

it's like offering a starving man a sandwich, and then giving it to him, but ripping it out of his hand again before he can eat it. That's exactly what it feels like to me.

Life is just agony until I die. I need to face it.

2. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

the problem is relying on outside influences to make us happy, nothing in life is permanent and you will end up getting hurt if you depend on something or someone to create your happiness. you gotta learn to be happy w/ yourself first, be happy on your own, be happy doing what you love, then you will be a stronger person to deal w/ things coming and going in your life.
    hope im making sense...

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Perfect sense Pud and it was something I had forgotten.
    I let someone be everything to me, not a good move at all.

4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

pity its harder to practice. its human nature to get attached to things and have your heart set on aspirations and when they go wrong it can feel as if a part of you has been taken away. but the thing is if youre gonna let in the good you gotta be open to the bad aswell and sometimes its worth it. you just gotta believe that there are more oportunities. sometimes our losses can be a learning curve, making you a better person, if youre willing to learn from it.

5. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Me, I don't expect much from life.

You shouldn't either.

Then when something good comes along, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

6. WindWalker

WindWalker Active Member

I know my way is probably a sucky way of looking at things but: Hope for the best, expect the worst.

At least that way I am usually not disappointed.

7. Cestmoi

Cestmoi Well-Known Member

If you phrased that as hope for the best, plan for the worst, it 'd be a direct quote from a movie.

And no, it's not a sucky way to look at things. It's the winner's way.

8. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

wow this thread just described my brain at the moment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.