Ever wanted to tell someone?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ashlee, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlee

Ashlee New Member

i've just started cutting again, went 6 months without, but i've been feeling so shitty lately, so worthless, such a fuckup, i resorted back to it one day last month. since then i've been cutting morning noon and night.

There's this guy who i've been friends with for years, he is the most trustworthy person i know, i can tell him anything and i know he won't judge me. he always cheers me up etc and he's always been there for me.
    I think i want to tell him. because i think i need to tell someone before it gets out of hand. I want to tell him but

a) i dont know if it's a good idea. will i lose him forever? what if he freaks out?
    b) i dont know how to tell him, i've never told anyone
  2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi ashlee welcome to sf

maybe you could find out how this guy feels about people who cut

say to him did you see the scars on someones arm she must hurt herself ,it doesnt have to be someone you know just someone you see at a shop or passing by and see what his reaction is
    ive tried telling people in real life but the people i told just abused me for saying it and didnt believe me but every person is differant if this guy has always been there for you and helped you out the chances are he still will be there for you
  3. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

hope you do what's right, ashlee

personally, i'd wait until he asks- and then tell him

i'm sure he'll be very understanding if you explain well
  4. Push

Push Well-Known Member

If you're feeling like you need to tell someone before it gets out of hand, then you're right you do need to tell someone. I hope that whomever yoou decide to tell supports you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.