Ever wonder your own purpose?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forgotten_Care, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Care

Forgotten_Care New Member

For the last few years, Ive been wondering my own purpose. I use to be a cheery happy kid, but now, Im 17 years old, my perspective on life has changed completely. I always wonder why am I still around? I dont feel as if I have a purpose and probably never had. This all started as I got older, since I was born with a unique disease...My purpose I thought..Was to grow, thrive and be happy, have a family, fall in love etc. But now, Because of everything mainly including my disease I do have, just seems pointless to me. Because more than likely it will never happen to me now Im just lost, confused and wondering what I should do with the rest of my seemingly pointless life.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Forgotten Case, and welcome...finding meaning in one's life is such a daunting task...I easily become overwhelmed trying to take it on so I have taken smaller steps, like what is meant for me today...hope you find good company here which can also serve to enhance your life...welcome again

3. Forgotten_Care

Forgotten_Care New Member

Thank you Sadeyes.
    Im glad to have found this before it was to late perhaps.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You are welcome and please keep posting and seeing what is here for you...there are so many caring people that are willing to share and be supported as well...do try to take things on as you can...so many people have made such significant contributions from the vantage point you described...even a random act of kindness can change someone's and your life significantly...glad to have you here

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah....I don't think I have a purpose in life. But I think that you have a lot of purpose. You are still young and have so much potential. I don't think your life is pointless at all. I'm glad you did reach out and hopefully we can help you.

6. Novae Rogue

Novae Rogue Member

Finding one's purpose is hard and it does take time. A lot of people tend to drift through life not knowing what their purpose is. One day you will find your purpose. In the mean time, I think Sadeyes is absolutely right. Try taking small steps first and taking it one day at a time. Maybe you could set yourself a small goal like trying to spend five to ten minutes each day thinking of all the things you have to be grateful for. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.