Every had one of those days?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Soldier83, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

One of those days that just makes you want to gun down everyone you see. I swear everything is setting me off today, I only got 3 hours of sleep because my wife didn't get home from work until three in the morning, my son woke up at six in the morning crying his head off, my daughter had to be at school at eight in the morning, and to top it all off we had a huge fight because I wanted her to watch my son while I dropped my daughter off at school. Which by the way is thirty minutes away. So here she gets to sleep until twelve o'clock noon, and I'm stuck watching Andrew in a parking lot with no toys. Then when I decided to make the best of it and go to McDonald's for breakfast everyone in the place either gave me the stink eye for giving my one year old son McDonald oatmeal and apple juice, or they wouldn't stop messing with him so he could eat. Then after I picked up Harlie from school and drove the thirty minutes back home as soon as I get there I go to wake her up and guess who says that she's tired because she got to much sleep? Then ten minutes after she wakes up she has to leave for work so that she "can be there early". Now I've got two kids that are crying because they miss their mommy. AAARRRGGG!!!!!!!

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Yep - been there with the child raising and I think the sentence I said over and over and over again during those years of incessant fighting between them and a distant husband (although we had sufficient funds and a roof over our heads, so I count my blessings) - was "God, please help me with this life!" Every day, at least twice for 20 years

I can promise you, that it does get better, that this time will pass. I know you can't wait for it to happen, but through it we learn patience - we cannot fast-forward the clock. the thing to do, when it becomes really unbearable, is to instigate family conferences and say that things like attitudes and direction etc. need to be changed so each family member knows their responsibility as well the privilege of being in a family community.

Wishing you well in it, stay strong, it does come right - and every problem is an opportunity :)