• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Every Little Thing That Can Go Wrong....

IS GOING WRONG. Down to the minute things with technology failing, assignments not syncing, feeling tired, dinner burned, feet hurt from my shift at the hospital, spouse is frustrated because im irritable, the house is cluttered, i lost my bag for work, i forgot my lunch, there wasnt milk for the quick breakfast before work, the clothes werent dry in the dryer, there wasnt enough gas in my car, i was late for work. I need comfort and love and im getting loneliness and internal turmoil.
Im having the thoughts that I know are fleeting, but feel so real.
I just hate how overwhelming it feels.
I took two of my Panic Attack medicines (as prescribed) and still feeling so overwhelmed I cant function well in the real world. I wish I felt safe.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
IS GOING WRONG. Down to the minute things with technology failing, assignments not syncing, feeling tired, dinner burned, feet hurt from my shift at the hospital, spouse is frustrated because im irritable, the house is cluttered, i lost my bag for work, i forgot my lunch, there wasnt milk for the quick breakfast before work, the clothes werent dry in the dryer, there wasnt enough gas in my car, i was late for work. I need comfort and love and im getting loneliness and internal turmoil.
I took two of my Panic Attack medicines (as prescribed) and still feeling so overwhelmed I cant function well in the real world. I wish I felt safe.
welcome to SF we are a peer community that cares but never judges. that sounds like a day from hell. i would have retreated to my bed if half of that happened, so you were couragous to get through it. all days aren't that bad i'm sure you get good ones also. try to explain to your spouse what's going on and ask for a little loving and understanding. there have been times my wife was irritable and after talking i was more understanding. please come here and talk or vent anytime, we are listening to you.

mike...*hug*shake

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Admin
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I can relate. I've had those days or weeks or even months. When thing after thing goes wrong and you just can't seem to get your feet back under you. Given everything that is going wrong, the fact that you are still moving forward suggest to me that you function better in the real work than you think. I may have just sat down on the floor and refused to continue my day at some point in there.

The thoughts come, and I get that as well. It just makes you feel so much less capable. It doesn't mean that though. It just means your struggling and your mind is trying to deal, only with so much going on it just doesn't know how at the moment. You aren't a failure. It's okay to have a bad day.

Is there anything that helps you relax? Especially after a day that has gone as awry as this one?

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, the cheerful and purest. •✮•
Okay, I’m sorry if this is cheesy but this is why routine for self care is important. For me, I use that routine till I can focus and absorb into all new positive reinforcements instead of all recipes for disaster. I mean you can feel bad, just hope it’ll be in control and I hope you can find ways to take a break to stabilise yourself firsty before you do things for others.

JDot

1 Peter 5:7
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @HelenHighwater I hate days where nothing seems to go right. I get the sense from your post that you're a hard worker. Working hard is good, but it can also burn us out. It's important to take breaks from time to time to recharge. Of course sometimes we don't have time to recharge. I hate when that happens. When my day doesn't seem to be going right, I like to recharge by coming here to SF and having conversations with the awesome people here. SF is a place where people understand what we're going through, and we don't judge each other because we have all been there. We may not have experienced exactly what the other person experiences. But we've all know what it's like to be in pain, and we can empathize with that. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you, and we're glad to have you here.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00