every1 has a MIND MONKEY!!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by mandyj101, Jul 6, 2009.

1. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

everyone has a MIND MONKEY

yes .. everyone has a mind monkey ..

that mind monkey that sits inside your head telling u u are worthless.. u cant do anything right.. no1 loves you.. everything is rubbish .. why are u here .. you deserve 2 die .. what use is your life ..???

yes, that monkey is in us all ..

whist some people can keep this monkey 'in shape' others like myself have a stubborn monkey that just wont go away ..
    he stays there .. constantly reminding me of all the negatives in my life ..

we let that monkey take control of our minds until it finally accomplishes its mission .. and that is 2 take over our whole being .. and destroy us from the inside out ..

so why does he do this ?
    well hes stubborn .. the monkey is ALL negative .. he just sits there waiting 2 pounce on your positive thoughts.. destroying these is what he does best .. but there IS a way 2 stop him ..

we have 2 ignore the monkey .. easier said than done .. he can be quite persuasive at times..
    but we must try ..

we must not let our monkeys rule our minds ..we must try 2 replace that monkey with positives.. remember a time when we DID have positives in our lives ..even if it was a small experience ..i am certain we have all had at least 1 .. mabye its was just a brief moment in time .. mabye it was a day .. it could be something which may seem trivial .. but remember that if it seems trivial your monkey must be at work!

.. think back 2 that positive time and focus on it .. remember how good things CAN and WILL be once you take control of your mind monkey..

just keep reminding yourself that your monkey will NOT tell you the whole truth .. mind monkeys are twisted .. they twist our thought processes up and make us truly believe we should not exist ..

remember-

we CAN beat our mind monkeys ..
    we HAVE 2 conciously think that we will NOT acknowledge them ..
    we CAN take control ..
    we CAN get better ...

WE RULE OUR MIND MONKEYS .. THEY DO NOT RULE US :)

*i hope this helps.. even if its just a few ppl.. because it has me ..
    i wrote this myself but i was told about the 'mind monkey' by an online friend .. it made me think of things in a different light.. best wishes all x

2. Lone_walker

Lone_walker Well-Known Member

:goodjob::hug:I think this is a really positive message mandy and i thank you for that.
    But i fear i listen to mine too much, and i can't stop listening to it, and nearly caved in to it.

3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug::laugh:
    this made me chuckle, but it's a good way to think of things.
    i mean, how silly would we be if people found out that a monkey controlled our thoughts.
    it's like how if someone says that you're a piece of shit, the monkey will keep throwing it at us :giggle:

bravo, this really made me think of things in a whole new perspective

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I feed mine bananas :barmy:
    Seems to keep it occupied and unable to talk :tongue:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Great post :D

6. mandyj101

just thought i would boost my monkey mind thread up a few .. :unsure:
    in case any1 found it helpful :)

7. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

isnt that a buddhist teaching? im sure its on a dvd about meditation, came with a book too...

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

yeah yeah that's what I said
    where the hell did my post go?
    was this reposted?

9. necrodude

maybe its because we dont let the monkey out... i mean if the monkey is like our bad feelings, then keeping it locked up would probs piss it off. i know i would be. maybe once a week we should let it out... and then kick seven shades out of it?

10. mandyj101

yea i posted it in the suicide bit aswel as here lol

no idea about the whole buddist thing .. im pretty sure my online buddie that told me isnt a buddist :unsure:

th theory of letting it out once in a while kinda makes sense! but sorta defies the point .. hmm .. u got me thinking .. lol

11. necrodude

mines not a monkey... its a zombie gerbil. "brains..." lol

12. mandyj101

lol
    i heard that zombie gerbils feed off of mind monkeys or was it the other way around :unsure: lol

13. necrodude

ah... so thats where it went... poor monkey... wait what? i hated that monkey! im confused...

14. mandyj101

im confused 2 now .. :unsure: lol

15. necrodude

sorry... =[

16. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

lol. i have heard a similar thing..instead of mind monkees..gremlins.which makes sense because you can't feed em after midnight..just like negative thoughts..for me anyways.