Everybody ignores me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by TheLoneWolf, May 31, 2012.

1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Not that I can blame them. I'd ignore me too if I could. But I can't. I'm stuck with me.
  2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way Wolf, what reason do you think they have for ignoring you?
  3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

whos ignoring you lonewolf?
  4. TheLoneWolf

Eh, most people do. My family. My wife. My coworkers. People on the internet. Just people in general. They always have. I guess I'm not very much fun to talk to, or I'm annoying, or something. There's not really anything I can do about it. I just thought I'd whine about it anyway since this is the appropriate area to do so. Just 'letting it all out'. But thanks for noticing me and trying to be helpful :smile:
  5. uncle buck

uncle buck Member

I sure won't ignore you at any point, so if ya wanna gab with me at any point, pm and we can talk. We all feel alone enough this should be the place where we don't.
  6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Getting ignored has its advantages. You can not care about anything else that goes on in life. You can just focus on your time.
  7. TheLoneWolf

Thank you, uncle buck... and Forgotten Man, I do enjoy a bit of alone time, but damn, I've had like 33 years of alone time. Sometimes it's nice to talk to other people - at the very least, to remind myself why I shouldn't talk to other people, lol. I'm kidding... yeah there are a lot of idiots and assholes in the world, but some people actually are nice to talk to.
  8. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I wish I could say something that would convince you that you are not ignored, but it is a horrible feeling, and one I know all to well. :hug: you may feel alone, but you arent, you will always have company here, even if it isnt there with you
  9. TheLoneWolf

Thank you :smile::hug:

I guess I can't say I'm completely ignored, I have met people here who are very nice. Sometimes they're just too busy with their own lives to talk to me, and I understand that. I just wish I had somebody to keep me company all the time. I feel like I'm slipping away, becoming more and more detached from the world. I'm in danger of becoming completely insignificant.
  10. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry that you are ignored by people...I get ignored all the time too so I know how much it can suck. At least I have people to talk to here, so that keeps me sane. If you need to talk to someone, you can message me at any time, and I'll answer in a timely fashion.
  11. TheLoneWolf

Thank you Christy.

I see you on here a lot - I won't bug you, but if you do want someone to talk to, you can PM me as well.
  12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Feeling ignored sucks, it's a lonely, isolating feeling. Just want you to know I'll never ignore you.
  13. TheLoneWolf

I knew you'd reply to this eventually :smile:

You're the exception to the rule. I guess I should have titled the thread, "Just about everybody ignores me". You know I love talking to you. But almost everywhere else in life I get ignored.
  14. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You're welcome...and you're never a bother. :) I'm usually not doing much, so anytime you want to talk, feel free to PM.
  15. Gimiq

Gimiq Well-Known Member

Its not always you sometimes people dont know how to respond. On the other hand some people are asses. Just keep talking eventually it will reach someones ears whos been waiting to hear what you have to say.
  16. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I cannot know when you wish to communicate, so please reach out to me, and I promise to not ignore you...your responses to me have been so kind and insightful that I welcome the opportunity to repay you...also, you seem interesting which is another good reason to interact.
  17. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're being ignored. I know how painful and lonely it can get. :hugtackles: All I can say is that I'll always be here for you if you ever need someone to talk to, just shoot a PM and I'll be sure to not ignore it!
  18. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

It's really hard to tell when people are ignoring you online, isn't it? It's easy to read something, think 'maybe I'll respond later', and then forget or get distracted. Or maybe people are paying attention but they don't know how to respond?

As for real life-- I kind of feel that way too sometimes, but these things sort of come and go in cycles and you can't be the center of attention all the time. Most of the time I find people ignore me either because I try too hard with them and they come to expect that, or I don't try hard enough with them and they think I'm distant. I also think if you're depressed people sort of want to avoid you so they don't have to deal with you… so you kind of have to force yourself to seem happier in order to get people to want to talk to you.

It is hard, though.
  19. TheLoneWolf

Wow guys, I guess you all proved me wrong. Dang. I usually do get ignored in my daily life, and sometimes it seems like I get ignored online too - gloomy, you make some good points. I have a tendency to sometimes take things personally when they weren't meant that way. I guess I'm a little paranoid sometimes.

gloomy, Sara, Sadeyes, Ray, Christy, Alison, personunknown, Forgotten Man, uncle buck, IV, windlepoons, thank you all for replying to my thread. And thank you to everyone else who has been friendly to me here. I'm so used to feeling left out; I had no idea my thread would get this many replies. Now I feel kind of stupid for posting it :shy:

You all know that you can PM me any time that you want to talk as well, right? I mean yeah, I'm kind of a mess, but I'm always willing to talk and meet new people, and I'll try to be as helpful as I can. I know I might not seem approachable sometimes, but I promise I don't bite (resisting urge to say "unless you want me to", lol).
  20. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Lol!! So much for resisting that urge! :p Seriously though, you shouldn't feel stupid for posting. It's a way for you to get things out.