Everybody is against suicide,why?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bostonensis, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

Can't find anything positive about dying?All the ones who can prove it right are all dead.If you love someone do you really want him or her to suffer from this pain all /his/her life becoz it will hurt you/others? It is not right.How about my suffering? At least ,I know that I am not a burden to the people around me/community anymore at least give us that ultimate dignity.When suffering overwieghs living to the point of misery 3/4 of the year its time to go.I think lots of people are telling people not to do it becoz the fine line between painful existence & living a normal life is blurry. Plus the dogmatism of religion that death is sacred,that is all up to god, is all bullshit.

People like me who are carrying a lot of pain(objective/subjective) who do not wanna subject ourselves under the mercy of other peoples pity or help; should be supported to go.Asking for help is a big deal for me , I cannot allow it to happen that I can no longer wipe my own ass. I will set up my healthcare providers to talk to my son in a positive way. How could I be a better mom if I am deppressed everyday & him seeing me succumb to my death day in & day out.What kind of life is that for my son? this is torture for a kid or for anybody.I have to plan ahead.

It is pitiful though to kill your self just for a goddamn man. Its pathetic.
  2. Syd

Syd Guest

I'm not against suicide.

I firmly believe it is the right of the individual to stay or leave life at their will. Personally, I'm just here to offer my own perspectives on situations, and share ideas. Sometimes discussion can make decisions easier, sometimes it's just relieving to speak our minds and know that someone else is listening.

I do want people to enjoy living, but only if they're willing to accept the pain of life as well. Not everyone is capable of doing so, and I acknowledge that. Ultimately, we're each responsible for our own lives, and deaths.
  3. make_me_bad

make_me_bad Well-Known Member

I'm not against suicide either; I imagine most of the users here aren't. "Everyone" in our society is because that's the world they were born into, not out of personal beliefs or values. Taking one's own life was considered an honor in ancient Rome, for example. There are some people who I'd personally like to keep around out of my own selfishness, but I don't see anything morally wrong with suicide. The suggestion that it is a "sin" is possibly one of the most retarded opinions brought around by religion, and that's really saying something.
  4. Matty321

Matty321 Well-Known Member

Oh my God, you have bad health? Bad health is why you're suicidal? Oh. That's heavy. Thinking of your kid and planning that way. My God. I'd like to know about your health, and I'm not judging you but I'm pating in here a piece of what I just wrote in Loved and Lost on the subject...

..."I actually keep thinking obsessively is there something I can make of this, do with this to help relieve myself even a little somehow[the fact my brother killed himself last summer] I might feel ok for a short bit and then it's ten steps back to basket case...

My bro.

Jesus, I still just can't believe it.

What am I gonna do now?

He shot himself in the head with an AK. (We were always big gun people for fucking sakes. Still are.) My Dad found him and came to me and went back to his dead body and I followed him, I had to be the last place my brother was, even if it was at a gas station, all public...

He lie down in the truck by now, ambulance, cops take our story and take him away when we leave.

His skull was shockingly THIN as I came upon a big piece of it cleaning out his truck alone a coupla days later at the lot.

I can't let the truck go unsearched for anything, who knows what you want there, just anything like a note or piece of him in any way and so I did it, I volunteered to go search it and I stumble on a huge piece of his skull and it is very thin, scary-thin-- I think, It's just a little heady, poor baby how can you do this?, you were so fragile anyway, life is so short anyway and it's all very random who gets to keep there's to begin with. This, I think, is why we hate suicides, guys...

I continue my search for I don't know what, scrambling and crazied by grief and now coupled with the shock of my bro's fragile skull, dodging having to look at it but still distracted by it, it's so shocking, and now I see the tiny head goo on the seat...

It was a tiny piece of flesh that mananged to hang onto the tiniest bits left of his beautiful blonde hair... They spiked straight up from the piece of flesh.

I take what little matters anymore and leave and go home and flip out just a little and ended up keeping a plastic bag with his bloodied papers from the truck under my staircase for months--something might have come of them, some were work papers and rumors had flown that he'd been sent home from work for crying, we were considering suing. So now I have his brain-bloodied paperwork I may need for a case, I dunno... [But I did get rid of it eventually recognizing it was macabre.]

I did clean his place to get rid of it and had some help from my husband and my bro's friend taking out all his things as we separated and divvied up everything between us and my folks and this, my friends, is mind-boggling to do...

And so much more exists to the story it's useless to go any further right now, that was already stretching my schedule, I have work to do...

But this is a sliver of me for the offering.

I hope nobody ever does this again.

~Matty *It's not about judging you. I want you to stay. I want to scramble with you for a better way, let's be sure this really is thing only avenue for you to get what you need*

You can't minimize the fact suicide is completely traumatizing for many people around each and every one who does it and that, too, can be selfish. Can be.
  5. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

I'm against it because most suicidal people don't see the other people that actually care about them and how it would affect them after you are gone, I'm against it because its a loss in potential..think about it..someone dies when they could have became millionares, had a family, had everything they wanted all because life had a phrase of being rough for them.

I'm for it in the event someone is terminally ill and there is no solution for them to function in society..or they are in so much pain when there is nothing waiting for them but death..thats the only situation I'd actually "accept" suicide as being good.

Its a permanent solution to a temperary problem...in most cases if effort is givin from the victim thinking suicide they can get out of their situation and better themselves without killing themselves.
  6. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

my mom killed herself when i was 10. you shouldnt put your son through what i went through
  7. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I will not let my son go through what I went through for my Mom & Dad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.