Everybody's progressing but me..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Joshy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

I only see and talk to my girlfriend on weekends. (Saturdays only usually.)
    My ONLY local friend moved away, and my other distant friend has a busy life.*
    Soon my girlfriends leaving for college.

I'm a homeschool drop out. I don't know what to do, I'm not as smart as the people who go out there toget their GED's and go to colleges.

I haven't taken the constitution test yet, and I don't know a lot about history or politics.

I'm not progressing at all. It's been about 4 years of nothingness.
    Online networks with no friends.
    Video games with no friends.
    Don't know how to start studying.
    I don't know anything at all.

I just sleep in my room my whole life, only going out to see my girlfriend on Saturdays.
    I plan on getting my license hopefully this weekend because for the first time she's actually busy this weekend. So I can't see her.

What the fucks wrong with my life? Why can't I progress or move?
    I feel like a patient in a coma in bed, and I'm slowly decaying and aging.

I can't commit suicide because I'm too much of a coward to endure the pain and realize there's no coming back to enjoy any hobbies and food and stuff.. (I'm not overweight, I'm very underweight.)

Just don't know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You find an activity that gives you ambition to do something hun Take an art class a music glass a sport an activity that will get you out of the house and amongst people ok.
    Not ever one is meant to go to college but perhaps if you take a trades something that is hands on learning and not book learning you can move forward. Look into what government has to offer to help people get educated and to get a job in these fields hugs

3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I kinda feel the same way, but slightly differently. I feel like once everybody goes to college, I'll be that idiot/loser that decided to go to community college instead. I don't have my license either, and I have very few friends and I don't have much of a social life.

What you really should do is get your GED. Without it it's going to be extremely difficult to get a job. And do you have depression? Because it sounds like you do.

You should make a list of all things you need/want to accomplish, and work on them one at a time. Trying to do many things at once will get overwhelming and you'll get frusterated. Do the important things first like getting your GED and license, and working your way up from there. Once you accomplish something, you'll start to feel really good about yourself.

My brother is doing the same thing unfortunately. He failed out of college and is doing absolutely nothing with his life.