Everyday..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brokenandlonely, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenandlonely

brokenandlonely Well-Known Member

is a constant struggle for me.. To focus on my happiness, to hold on and to try to work through my issues is honestly exhausting. I have for the most part, as the user name states felt really lonely. Even with my partner being around, I still get the moments of loneliness. When I log into chat, I hardly get anyone to say a simple hello to me and I hardly get replies to what I ask for. Am i really that bad? or Am i just an annoyance to everyone and should just leave or do I stay and get the support needed. These are questions that go through my head constantly. I have stayed put and have rid it out for the most part. Has anyone else felt similarly and what have you guys done to ease up these feelings?

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

*hugtackles Harry*

3. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

i find everyday a struggle too - and for what? I don't know.

i have a partner in the other room, but most of the time feel lonely too.

as for people not replying to your posts, i don't know what to say. i read alot of things that i don't respond to. i've put up posts too that i really needed help with and not gotten much of a response. i think it just depends on who's on the forum and what they are dealing with. i don't take it personally.

but i don't really know. i'm no expert, i've only been here a bit more than a month.

hope you find what you need

4. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Don't be worried if you dont get fast reply sometimes,its normal,it doesn't mean you're not loved here...i am the lonely one to,i know how bad it is,and thats the reason you should stay here because there is no better place to meet good friends than here...if you wanna talk i am here for you anytime:smile:

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hi Harry,

I've been in chat several times when you logged on. I didn't say hi because I'm shy...Sorry, for making you feel blue. :shy: Plus a lot of us are just wallflowers, sitting and watching. From everything I've seen about you, you seem like a cool guy.

Sorry for making you feel sad.

Feeling lonely is terrible. :unsure: We should start a lonely club :) One way tot stop loneliness is to talk to somebody about your feelings. Or audit a fun activity class like playwriting or acting or sewing or ...an introduction to quantum mechanics. Maybe you and your partner can set up a date night?

james.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: harry

You know I'm always here for you :hug: You aren't a bad person honey,you're awesome,kind and so friendly to everyone :) Sf wouldn't be the same without you :arms:

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Lonely one,
    Welcome to the forum!! I have never been in chat(basically because my computer won't let me in) but I have found there is alot of support on the forums!! Why don't you try posting out here where there are alot of us who stay away from chat, and th soapbox because sometimes they get a little heated and can be triggering to so many...

8. KirstyMissJimBob

KirstyMissJimBob Well-Known Member

hey, we all love you, and care about you and the forum would not be the same without you xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

9. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

10. TinkerLoop

TinkerLoop Well-Known Member

I think your gonna know what I'm gonna say before i say it.

But yet again yes I've felt the exact same way. I'm sending you big hugs and you know where I am if you want me even if I am a bit of a walking distaster (understatement i know) atm.

Love you always hunni xxx (you know it deep down)

11. Troubled2008

Troubled2008 Well-Known Member

Everyday is a horrible struggle for me too. It's more physical illness for me which makes it hard. Everytime I knock down one problem with my health, there's another one. This has been going on for about 10 years... I am so at my last willpower... not really to kill myself, just to give up and say, "You win. I lose. Now what?" But there is no answer to that question. I have horrible anxiety and even though I know I shouldn't, I can't stop myself from drinking. If I could nix that, I'd feel better.. but I also worry about money a lot... and I have family problems..... It's like a circle where I can't really get rid of ANY of the problems because they all act on each other so it's basically impossible to quit drinking because I have so much anxiety at night.

That was probably sort of dodging your question, heh.... What has helped me is just doing fun things and not really caring about the past or what I've done wrong or what is wrong. I like watching stupid videos on YouTube or even making them myself. I watch funny shows on TV... I never used to like comedy... but really... if you can laugh and also try to laugh at yourself... It can really change your outlook on everything. Maybe it's not perfect now but having a laugh can take a load off and give you the change to try to get a little bit closer to perfect tomorrow. At least, that's the way I look at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.