• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Everyone’s gone

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
So I recently had a bit of a break down and decided to walk quite a few miles to somewhere I shouldn’t of been and thought of a method, but didn’t do it because I was talked out of it. But after talking to the girls/guys in chat, I feel like everyone is trying to avoid me. Have I upset them all so greatly that I’m now not worthy of their time? As it is I don’t really have anyone outside of chat, so I feel absolutely worthless right now. I’m already at rock bottom, how can I go any further down?

MisterBGone

So I recently had a bit of a break down and decided to walk quite a few miles to somewhere I shouldn’t of been and thought of a method, but didn’t do it because I was talked out of it. But after talking to the girls/guys in chat, I feel like everyone is trying to avoid me. Have I upset them all so greatly that I’m now not worthy of their time? As it is I don’t really have anyone outside of chat, so I feel absolutely worthless right now. I’m already at rock bottom, how can I go any further down?
No, so glad you didn’t go through with it. That takes great bravery and courage, in my opinion. You may be “overthinking,” things just a bit too, as you’ve just been in a pretty dire state - so your senses could be / not saying that they are / but they could be in a bit of a state of hyper-awareness; or being hyper aware of your senses, or something like that... if that makes sense? And even if it is is, for some small reason, just give it some time (probably not very long), and I’m thinking things will go back to normal pretty quickly! : ) trust me- glad to have you here! You’re irreplaceable. :^) have a good night—rest & relax. And don’t forget to breathe (I sometimes do . . .) :D

Dante

SF Supporter
I get this feeling sometimes, but I think its because when you are talking about something serious, everyone else shuts up, all conversation stops because they see someone who needs the chats complete focus, at the same time, most are waiting for someone to speak up, someone who thinks they can help. It looks like they all run for cover, but really they are all being quiet waiting for the best one to step forward and help, problem is, sometimes no one feels like they can, so everyone just goes quiet.

If you spoke up asking for help and they all just kept chatting, THATS when you know they are not paying attention to you. Everyone going quiet is a good sign, often, when it goes right, 1 or 2 experiences members will then chat and help, whilst the rest stay quiet so as not to butt in with unhelpful chat.

I myself had a bit of a breakdown just over a week ago, I was perfectly fine, then something just seemed to break in me and I tried to drink it away and ended up crying and cutting myself into the night, I talked to maybe 1 or 2 people on chat, everyone else stayed quiet, the whole chat seemed to collapse, and its not because they were avoiding me, it was because they were relinquishing the chat to those trying to help me.

You are as valued as anyone here, and in a community where we are all hurting and all need support at times, we value everyone, because we know we need to. A community in pain is a community who cares, and you are part of our community.

Dinolaur

thanks guys, but what I mean is since talking about it, no one has really spoken to me other than a few, but the ones I thought I was close with have kinda, vanished :/ just thought I had some real friends here, seems I’m not worth their time now that they’ve realised I’m unstable

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hey sweetie. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I doubt anyone is avoiding you in chat, and certainly not because you had a breakdown. So many of us have had one at some point, we certainly don't judge you for that. It's still Summer, and from what I've noticed, people are less on SF in general in the Summer. I know I am more busy as well. Sending hugs. *hug

Dinolaur

Hey sweetie. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I doubt anyone is avoiding you in chat, and certainly not because you had a breakdown. So many of us have had one at some point, we certainly don't judge you for that. It's still Summer, and from what I've noticed, people are less on SF in general in the Summer. I know I am more busy as well. Sending hugs. *hug
I have wondered where you’ve been! Haven’t seen you in a while, or Alex for that. Thankyou for commenting and making me feel a little better

extraterrestrialone

can’t toast bread without burning it
SF Supporter
Hi Dino, i’ll just say Hi! and that i’m around. i’ve had many of the same feelings you are describing. so in case you need ... like a spare tire, here i am. ...not the people you may have been talking to but happy to be around if needed. i’m glad you were talked out of that decision. i know we don’t communicate much but i still like seeing you around and i’m ok with back and forth messaging. (i actually prefer in forum thread messaging but PM works too btw). i always enjoy your presence and will be quite happy to know that it will continue. i do get misunderstood though. many times i try to communicate by relating my own experiences and many times that gets taken as me just drawing attention to, and talking about myself but i only do that when i see similarities between myself and the person posting. i can then say what i’ve tried and how it helped or not. so now i’m just letting you know i’m around and care. hoping to see you around here or the café or elsewhere. 👽🌞

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have wondered where you’ve been! Haven’t seen you in a while, or Alex for that. Thankyou for commenting and making me feel a little better
Yes, I took some "vacation" and now I'm just a bit busy trying to fix my real life, but I'm still in chat fairly often. Alex is taking a break, too. But we still care about you and certainly don't avoid you. I like seeing you in chat. *hug

Dinolaur

Hi Dino, i’ll just say Hi! and that i’m around. i’ve had many of the same feelings you are describing. so in case you need ... like a spare tire, here i am. ...not the people you may have been talking to but happy to be around if needed. i’m glad you were talked out of that decision. i know we don’t communicate much but i still like seeing you around and i’m ok with back and forth messaging. (i actually prefer in forum thread messaging but PM works too btw). i always enjoy your presence and will be quite happy to know that it will continue. i do get misunderstood though. many times i try to communicate by relating my own experiences and many times that gets taken as me just drawing attention to, and talking about myself but i only do that when i see similarities between myself and the person posting. i can then say what i’ve tried and how it helped or not. so now i’m just letting you know i’m around and care. hoping to see you around here or the café or elsewhere. 👽🌞
Thankyou so much for your message! I really appreciate it! You’re very kind and grateful that you like my presence on forum :) I’m still fairly new to forum and still getting used to it. I’ll definitely try to stick around

Dinolaur

Yes, I took some "vacation" and now I'm just a bit busy trying to fix my real life, but I'm still in chat fairly often. Alex is taking a break, too. But we still care about you and certainly don't avoid you. I like seeing you in chat. *hug
Glad you’re all okay. Sometimes it’s good to take a “vacay” away. Hope all is well. I like seeing you in chat too! You’re always fun

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, without even reading this thread I'm pretty sure I included you recently in the cafe. I know i'm not in chat much but there's an amazing bunch of people here and I think your mind might be playing tricks on you, I know I wouldn't avoid you, so I doubt highly that others would either.

A classic symptom of depression is feeling alone and feeling like no-one cares and i'm sorry you feel down but it will pass, hold on, pain ends. You ARE worthy of everyone's time. *hug x

Dinolaur

Hi there, without even reading this thread I'm pretty sure I included you recently in the cafe. I know i'm not in chat much but there's an amazing bunch of people here and I think your mind might be playing tricks on you, I know I wouldn't avoid you, so I doubt highly that others would either.

A classic symptom of depression is feeling alone and feeling like no-one cares and i'm sorry you feel down but it will pass, hold on, pain ends. You ARE worthy of everyone's time. *hug x
Nice to see you again champagne! Thankyou for your reply, really means a lot. I remember when you did tag me yeah! Thankyou x

@Dinolaur , chat isn't necessarily the best place to go to for support just because there are so many people there usually.

I don't think you did anything wrong by reaching out though, and like @Auri and others have mentioned, folks probably don't hold it against you.

Imho, threads are usually the best place to get support, but it's ok to ask in chat too.

Sending hugs

The Tigress ♡

✮ You are worth it ✮
thanks guys, but what I mean is since talking about it, no one has really spoken to me other than a few, but the ones I thought I was close with have kinda, vanished :/ just thought I had some real friends here, seems I’m not worth their time now that they’ve realised I’m unstable
Hey Lauren. So so so sorry you are feeling that way..To be honest with you, I've been shutting myself out in chat for the past few days because I just feel mentally tired. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Im sure others didn't mean to either. You are friendly and cool (Truth !:D )
I hope that you feel better soon and once you're ready, pop in back to chat alright?

Dinolaur

@Dinolaur , chat isn't necessarily the best place to go to for support just because there are so many people there usually.

I don't think you did anything wrong by reaching out though, and like @Auri and others have mentioned, folks probably don't hold it against you.

Imho, threads are usually the best place to get support, but it's ok to ask in chat too.

Sending hugs
Oh yeah I 100% agree chat isn’t always the best option to get advice from people. But I guess I was in a bad way so I thought it’d be the quickest way to get support. But I think I went the wrong way around it. Forum is definitely better if you want support in the long run. The replies I’ve gotten here are just amazing and have made me feel so much better x

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00