Everyone at work must think I'm weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnerStrength

I get that impression, partially because the guy who trained me the first day doesn't even talk to me anymore, and some of the other employees give me weird looks.

snarrylover

Oh, man, have I been there!

The sensible advice would be for me to say "ignore it." If you haven't done something to these people to warrant being treated differently then they are the ones with the problem.

I think some people have a knack for sniffing out people who aren't like them and who aren't "normal" by their standards. Everywhere I've gone, every fresh start I've tried to make, has always ended up the same. Because I'm not as chatty as the people around me, and because I'm not obsessed with boys and makeup and things, I've always been looked at funny or talked about. It hurts so much, especially when I make such an effort to be nice and involved with them.

Just go about things how you normally would and try and engage in friendly conversation when you can.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Everywhere I go, someone will think I'm weird...but I stopped caring because I'll always be myself, and not change for anyone. Maybe you could try getting to know them, but if they still aren't receptive to that, then I guess try not to worry about them too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00