Everyone in real life who can help has given up on me

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Evanesce, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evanesce

Evanesce Well-Known Member

Struggling to see how i'm going to survive. Saw the psychiatrist this morning and now I have no antidepressant or sleeping meds, nothing anymore.
    Seems they don't think they can help.
    I've been crying for hours now and can't stand the thought of living feeling like I do.
    I have no one in my real life.
    THinking about Self Harming.
    Trying to keep the thoughts of my end plan off to one side but that is getting harder.
    I have a phone call soon with my psychologist but I really don't think he is going to be able to help.

If that doesn't go well I'm not sure how I am going to react.

Why does it feel like life is point at death for me?

2. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

why anyone would take people off meds they need makes me clueless and mad. I remember when they took me off my meds, I just got worse, why don't doctors understand we need meds?

3. Evanesce

I don't know, but makes me think I'm not going to ever get better and they know that and just can't say.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So sorry to hear you are suffering. I understand it's hard for you but you need to hang on in there. Your life is worth a lot and please don't do anything. Just keep posting here.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Fleurise it is time to get a new pdoc ok one that will help you and not give up on you Please know there are good doctors out there that will not do what your doctor has done
    there are pdoc that will care and continue to work with you to get you stronger
    Talk to you psychologist ok get a new referral You are worth the fight hun don't let anyone take away your hope ok don't let him do that to you hugs

6. Unknown_111

Total Eclipse is right and I am in total agreement. Please take the advice and hopefully things will become better for you. Take care Fleurise. X

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry it's hard at the moment. About your psychiatrist, why has he removed all your meds? is it because they weren't working? perhaps you need a different kind? have you asked him. I know that my mom had to change meds before, and well, if she didn't tell the psychiatrist to replace the meds with something else, he didn't do anything. They are kind of clueless sometimes...but really they don't want to force you to take meds ...still they should inform their patients about alternatives...

8. Evanesce

I live in New Zealand and our mental health system come under our free public hospital health care. So I am at the only community mental health service in my area. The psychiatrist are allocated by area in the city so I have no say who I see. That being said I had to see a locum psychiatrist today as my normal psychiatrist has been away on "sick" leave for some time. They are saying it is sick leave because that is all they ever tell us but the way it was said to me a few weeks ago inferred something else.
    I've got massively high pain levels tonight, and i've been crying for hours. I am trying to help myself. I made soup for dinner with toast. It's all I could stomach. Three more hours until I can take pain relief. I do agree that something needs to be done but unfortunately it's going to take time, at least two weeks from now. Easter holiday and then Anzac long weekend, so most staff are on holiday. I don't know what to do until then, I don't have much hope left. A little bit it's fading every moment. :( I'm sorry if any of this is hurting people here. Resisting posting my ideas on how I want to end things. That's not going to help me or anyone talking about that. I could do with a few hugs if anyone has any spare. Feeling isolated and lonely

9. Evanesce

Me meds weren't working, on my recent ward admission they were suppose to be taking me off them and adding what was needed. Instead I came home empty handed and waited two weeks to see this psychiatrist.

10. Unknown_111

Heh, you are NOT alone. Remember that on this forum. We are here to get through the day. I cannot give a physical hug but how about a VIRTUAL HUG. You are not alone, don't fret now. We are all in the same or similar situations. Just keep posting... Take care Fleurise xx

11. Evanesce

Thanks for the hug incrisis99. I think I will be on this site a lot in the coming weeks..... I can't promise anyone anything but I can tell you that I am still trying. Thanks for taking the time to post in here and talk to me.

12. Nelly1921

Nelly1921 Well-Known Member

Fleurise - Im so sorry the phone call didn't go well today and they have put you "on hold" for 2 weeks. But WE are here for you. In chat - on the forum. Like incrisis99 said - you are NOT alone. Well done on making dinner. I know it will be getting dark now in NZ and Im sure the nights don't help but you know where to find us in chat and here. Stay safe and take care. Sending you hugs x

13. Evanesce

Hugs Nelly and incrisis thanks yes it is dark and rainy and windy, but I have power so that's good. My nights are awful, hope I can sleep, I still have a couple of sleeping tablets, but scared to take them tonight, not sure how my body will react to them now. Thanks btw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.