Everyone is better than me

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Cortez, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

including you...especially you.

2. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I'm tired of everyone. No one at my job likes me, no one at my college likes me, I am unliked everywhere. Everyone is just so much better than me in so many ways. I shouldn't be around people. I am not good enough for anything. I should quit my job, quit school, then quit my life (kill myself). Whats the point in living if you are not even human, I am beneath human, I am not normal. I am a pathetic outcast. But I'm tired of it. I'm tired of people. I feel like exploding. Showing the world how I feel.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOur distorted thoughts are attacking you Why do you have to be better then anyone Be yourself that is all you can be

4. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I don't want to be better than anyone, I want to be equal as everyone, on the same page as everyone. I just can't help but to feel lower than shit compared to everyone else. At work, in college, I feel so worthless compared to everyone. I don't see how I can ever improve my self esteem. I also feel since people don't seem to like me it must be because I generally suck as a person.

5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I really believe in the saying that "You are your own worst critic"

I could say everything you had just said about yourself-- about myself, as well.
    If you manage to complete one entire year of college-- that would already put you into a better position than me.
    No job, no boyfriend, no friends, no schooling, no money- not good at anything and really hopeless.

It's not a competition though... but you should try to understand that the things you think about yourself are not necessarily what the people around you see you as. Most times-- they think completely differently than you might think they would.

6. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Yea, my mind is a bit distorted, I think I need some medication for it or something. It doesn't help that I am extremely quiet in person, people just look at me and don't say anything.

I do have to say though sometimes I do have balls to do or face things I am terrified of because thats what I've been doing all my life, is fighting. But days like these when I feel like I am lower than shit and that I am not good enough to be around anyones presence, I turn into the biggest coward ever.

Sorry to hear about your situation, I can obviously empathize with you. You are right, it's not a competition, it's just feels really lonely when you are in uncommon circumstances. The only thing I can do is hope that things will change around for me. That's one of the reasons why I haven't killed myself yet, the little bit of hope that maybe I will change one day, and then so will everything else.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
  7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

with meds with therapy you can achieve what you want be more sociable have better self esteem it is possible

8. Virginia

Virginia Member

Cortez,

I can so relate to how you feel. You described me. I am quiet and feel inferior to everybody else. I don't have any friends and life gets terribly lonely this way. I too feel like a coward at times about opening up to people because I fear rejection and being hurt. Perhaps we could help each other...

9. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

this is what i learned to have friends in real life:

-be yourself
    -be friendly. everyone is afraid in rejection even you dont believe it. if you are quiet, they will not talk to you. they assume you have a high standards to make friends or snob.
    -let her/him feel that you are interested when you are talking to her/him.
    -the friendship is a process. you cant have close friends in one day. you need to make an effort and the same time be relax.

i hope i can do it. here on net but i cant because only texts talking here. no gestures & facial reactions. :(

10. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

This kind of thing really makes me angry. Who are these people that think they are so much better than you? And why do you believe those assholes? NO ONE is better than you. NO ONE!!!!! Don't you dare believe that BS.

It's true, you don't want to be around people like that. But when you have to be, understand 1 thing. Their opinion means squat! Nothing! Who cares what they think. They are insignificant, small minded people. You deserve better.

11. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Sure, thanks for the post. PM me anytime.

12. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Thanks, I will still keep trying to make friends, I know a big problem is myself, I need to change my attitude but it's hard when I am really depressed.

13. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I don't think they think they are better than me, I am the one who thinks people are better than me. But people I do come in contact with seem to not want to be friends or whatever, in school I tried talking to other students and it worked for a short while but they would always ignore me in the end. At work I always feel left out, since everyone is friends with each other and hang out with each other, they never say anything to me or even include me in any conversation. Being rejected and ignored by virtually everyone is what makes me believe that no one likes me.

14. Tiredofitall

Tiredofitall Active Member

People really can be quite hurtful. They reject without knowing why, or understanding why. You don't need them or anyoneelse for validation. You'll find a place where it feels like you fit in. I used to go through the same thing. Some people just don't like me. Oh well, I don't care anymore. Their loss. Maybe they can't accept you becuase they haven't accepted themselves. People put up a facade and then protect it at all costs. Even if it means rejecting you.