Everyone's Life Is So Easy And Perfect

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mooch74, Jul 26, 2013.

1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

Everywhere I look, people have it easy and perfect. They've never had a problem or tough moment. All they want to do is burden me and laugh at me and tell me how terrible I am. If only any of you can see what it's like not to have life perfect every minute of your damn existence. you wouldn't be so tough.
  2. rtrt46546565

rtrt46546565 Well-Known Member

More people feel down than you think. Not everyone is perfect. But, I do understand where you're coming from. Hell, I don't even like to watch movies or t.v. shows because I can't even focus on the story. Instead, I'm just focusing on how much they're laughing, smiling, having fun...while I'm living like I am.
  3. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I think there are a number of people who drop by your threads mooch74, who will offer their support.

But one thing I would recommend. Comparing yourself to others sets itself up for being a problem, because "they have this/that/something else that I want." It's not likely to be helpful, as the rants and enraged approach give a sense of bitterness and jealousy, coupled with over exaggeration.

You are your own person, and yes, while you will have your own flaws (everyone does, no-one is actually perfect), you are still human. Isn't it more likely to be worthwhile spending the time and focus your energy on being you, and not - comparing yourself to/judging the actions of - others?
  4. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am unclear which people here you believe to have a perfect life? The people who have suffered horrific rape and abuse and violence? The people with eating disorders? Maybe the people who are stricken with grief from the loss of a loved one? Perhaps the people who are suffering from severe debilitating illnesses?

If you want people to stop telling you how terrible you are, perhaps consider being a little less self absorbed. Try empathising with people instead of resenting them for what you perceive their lives to be like. If you think about other people more, then not only will you see that people do not "have it easy" but perhaps you can learn some tips for dealing with your feelings that do not involve lashing out at other people.
  5. LexiRN

LexiRN Active Member

I am one of the people that others think have the perfect life; great hubby, beautiful kids, house, great job, dog, cat. No one knows I was sexually and physically abused and that I throw up all my food into the toilet and cut and burn myself where people can't see. Looks are deceiving. Period.
  6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

my family are a classic example of that. everyone in my family have goals, things they are doing, they are constantly happy and content with themselves, and it often makes me wonder if i really fit in
  7. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Mooch,
    Sorry your life is so hard, people's words/actions can be cruel. Talk to others on here who have had it tough. It is hard when people want to burden on you, but you have helped them. Try telling them about your problems. Is is not shameful to not be perfect. Often stuff happens you have no control over.
    I hope your life gets better.
    Take care
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

1 in 4 people will suffer from depression at some point in their life. So yeah as already said, more people feel down or depressed than you think. But, I can see where you're coming from, I used to think the same before I came to this site and before I met people with problems like mine.
  9. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I've earned the right to be a little self-absorbed. When you've been hurt, burdened, betrayed and screwed over like I have, I'm sorry, but I kind of get sick and tired of worrying about everyone else all the time. I have to worry about me because no one else cares whether I live or die.