Everything is just so hard

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tattat, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tattat

tattat New Member

i've got nowhere else to turn. I'm depressed and suicidal. Thought I had it under control again until a few days ago and now I'm so low again. I'm on medication and seeing a counsellor, but nothing helps. I feel conflicted and confused all of the time. I can't talk to my family, although thats what the counsellor suggests. I just think they don't really understand what people are going through. The things she tells me to do are just not going to happen. I cant even talk to my husband anymore, which is hard because I used to be able to. I feel constantly guilty at my suicidal thought because of my kids. This is where i'm so conflicted, because i just want to be out of this life, but don't want to leave my kids even though I know they'll be better of without me.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

One thing I can assure you is that your kids would never be better off without you. What's brought you to this point? Hope you'll keep talking here!
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun call your doctor back ok and tell doc you are not feeling better. If you just started you medication it will take time hun to kick in ok YOUR CHILDREN will never be better off hun NEVER ok i know that so please hun you keep talking to us here ok you let the sadness out here and do not harm you hugs
  4. Vivek85

Vivek85 Active Member

You say your family "don't really understand what people are going through". Write don't what you're feeling, and the fluctuations in this depressed state, clearly and completely, and present it to them, or to your husband, or both. Make them understand.

"I cant even talk to my husband anymore, which is hard because I used to be able to."
    Why can't you talk to your husband? If you don't feel capable of talking to him, consider the above-mentioned writing procedure.

Writing out your feelings, which is a cathartic exercise, can be helpful and remove the vagueness which sometimes plagues emotional anguish.

You said you're seeing a counselor and it doesn't help. Consider getting a new counselor.

Seek out new options as often as possible; don't give up, no matter how draining it feels.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.