Everything is wrong

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mordeci, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

my life was not supposed to be this way, it was not supposed to be so hard. Everything is too much I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. something is very wrong with me, life just dosen't seem worth all the stress.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

My life went in a direction I never would have imagined and it was very, very hard. I felt bitter disappointment for a long time. I had given so much of myself to others. At some point I stopped giving of myself so others would have to develop their own strengths. But even then it took time to heal from that mess. Today, I live a very simple life and I try to keep my focus on the small good things in this day only. It get's me through it.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No we never think our lives will be so dam hard and painful but sometimes if we can just pull through the tuff times there are happier ones I think medication does help when we get that low just to keep us going for awhile I hope you are on medication and if it is not working tell doctor to get it changed okay So many new meds out there totry to make your life more barable Hang in there okay
  4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Even with the medication and looking at the small stuff, my life still seems to complex, I really don't see how it is worth it.
  5. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

New meds, and lots of different kinds of therapies. And lots of people willing to help you, or just listen to you.
  6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

my meds are fine, it's just life that is the issue nothing is the way it was supposed to be and I have a very hard time dealing with that.
  7. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

I guess I don't know what to say. How did things turn out different than they were supposed to? I'd imagine you probably want a normal life, but I'll say one thing...that people with a 'normal lifestyle' still are lacking in a huge number of ways, they just may have not broken yet. It's also not something to desire because it represents an ultimate failing in the 'achievement of ones potential'.

The main aim of life should be to reach as close to ones potential as possible through growth, as well as forge deep emotional connections with others. The two are interrelated; depending on how 'strong' our need is it can be difficult or even impossible to do one without the other. It's just that...few people do either of those, so although it is totally understandable that you feel the way you do, in truth you're not missing out on much compared to the average person. Now I guess there are a few people out there who do do the above, but it seems quite rare. Hell, I haven't even really found either of them and I've been trying my ass off for years = (

This is probably confusing, if you want me to clear anything up just ask. I'll be happy to explain something or try to provide some hope, even if there isn't much left in the world...
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I guess I really don't know what life is supposed to be. i know what I would like it to be, and it definitely is not there. I remember my grandmother always telling me that if i were to throw everyones problems in a hat and could look through their lives, I would still choose to have my own. I don't know if that is completely true, but she was right about most things and she is probably right about this one as well. Maybe you need to alter the way you think things shoul be. Accept things for what they are and do what you can to build on that. Turn things around a little at a time and celebrate every litle success along the way. Sometimes we get so caught up in what we perceive as the bad things, we forget to notice the good. :hug:
  9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

When I said this to my therapist she asked me flat out:

"How do you want your life to be?".

That is a good question to ask yourself and it really helped me because I knew what I wanted from then on, I had an inkling at least of what might make things better.
    Maybe if you write it down and tell us we can help, even if just a little?
  10. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I don't see why I can't just end it. My life has been miserable for years and I tricked myself that this time will be diffrent but it won't be, it never is. I really should not be alive. Living is too difficult and not worth the hassel.
  11. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

If you end your life you'll never see how your life will change for the better. And trust me, it will. Nobody has a life full of suffering, they only think that they do because we remember the bad parts more than the good. Don't be a quitter, something great could come along tomorrow, or next week, or next year, but it'll still come. Plus, at the end of it all you can look back and say "I took everything life could throw at me" and it'll make all the struggle worthwhile.
  12. kemistry

kemistry Well-Known Member

If you cannot go on for another day, then challenge yourself for 1 more hour. If you can't hang on for that hour, then challenge yourself for 1 more minute. Or down to a second even.

You don't have to be brave all time, allow yourself to break down, to lean on other people for comfort. Allow yourself to cry, to laugh, to go a bit crazy even.

Challege yourself for another day. It might be better, or not. But hey, life has already hit you this hard, another bad day wouldn't amount much anway right? And eventually, hopefully, it'll exhaust itself and bring you some good ones.

Please don't stand still for too long, keep on walking, crawling works too. Make baby steps to improve your self, mentally, physically if you are still here.

I greatly admire (and sometimes even envious) people who fought through their sufferings, won or defeated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.