Everything seems so fu#### pointless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Michael Sirk, Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Sirk

Michael Sirk New Member

We all die and our identity/feelings/and joys die with it. When everything about me will be erased in death why not just speed toward the end? Don't give me that "People will miss me" shit. Even if they cry themselves to death over me it'll just amount to the same inevitable conclusion. Life means nothing by the fact we all die. Sometimes I wanna <mod edit - methods> because In the grand sceme of things. My life and everything it meant will disappear in death

<mod edit - inappropriate content>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  2. jake.x.99

jake.x.99 On Leave

Michael, i'd be lying if i did not admit that there are many days -- most days, even -- when i think exactly the same thoughts that you have so succinctly articulated. but then, i'd be lying, too, if i did not admit that i rebel against those thought on other days. i think about the legacy that i want to leave for my kids -- what do i want them to know and remember about me after i finally am gone. and the one notion that keeps finding its way into the letters and notes i have been writing for them is the important of doing something to combat the central point you have made . . . leave a mark; leave something that says "i was here." find your passion . . . so the thing that makes you want to get out of bad every morning. that is how you make a difference. that is how you are remembered. that is how you beat this idea that life just doesn't matter because it ends. of course it ends, but you can have planted the seed of something that will live beyond you. it's your choice as to whether you end when you die. it's your choice to just give in to the inevitability of it all. the reality is that, even if you are right, and nothing survives your death, you haven't died just yet, so you owe it to yourself and to those people all around you not to live like you already died. your conclusion is not inevitable; everything you did, everything you are, everything you were does not have to end at death. make a difference while you still can. don't assume you are beaten while you still have the chance to fight. don't accept it as over already. it isn't. you can still give a f***.

3 people like this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I just want to say I read your post and I can sympathize with what you are going through and hope things get better in time. Have you sought any professional help for your thoughts? Yes, it is obviously a fact that we are all going to die, but why not try to make things better and have the prospect of a good life and do things you enjoy? Just you. Sometimes you need to be selfish in life and now is one of those times. I'm sorry all this is weighing on your mind, good luck for the future.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Yes, in the great scheme of things , very few people do anything that will be remembered by more then a few people for a few decades- there are not a lot of Picasso's or Plato's and or others that have names and achievements that are known by millions or billions and last centuries or millenniums. I guess I would say the exact same so what to that ...So What?... because none of them effect my life or my family or the people I care about directly at all. I could not care less for superstar athletes talked about on sport center from 50 years ago- or the Kardashians or the Bill Gates either- because none change my life or the life of those that matter to me in anyway.

I think you have it backwards by wondering about people on the other side of the planet or a hundred years from now because in reality THEY are what do not matter- what matters and effects us and changes our days and nights and live s are us and the people around us in the here and now. And since that is all we can really control anyway that certainly is for the best because it means we can decide for ourselves what has meaning and what does not and do not need Wikipedia or CNN to do that for us or anybody else to judge us. We get to make our own choices and changes to make our own lives have value.

I would guess there is something else besides not being remembered in 1000 years that is making you feel like your life has no value right now- talking about that would be more likely you to yeild some some feedback that might lead to actual possibilities and choices that have actual meaning to you.

2 people like this.
  5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Every day we do things that touch other lives. We just rarely know what they are. I have had my day made because someone opened a door for me, or let merge into heavy traffic. I have had my day made by a smile given, or a hug given. Are they permanent? Nope. But they sure meant a lot in the moment. When I was younger I would donate blood. Perhaps someone is alive because of that. I will never know. Today I visited some 90+ year old friends. They liked my visit and I loved seeing them. Did I change the world? Nope. But I touched their lives and they touched mine. We made each other's lives just a little bit better. Certainly it will all eventually be forgotten, but it is important now. And that makes it worth it. Touch the lives around you now in a positive way. Find what you enjoy and do it.
    I look at death as being what makes living important. The years we have, and what we do are that much more important since we know life will end.

6 people like this.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are young and yes I understand your feelings. You have to stay strong as life is important. You are young and please take the advice given here. Remember that as users we all suffer in one way or another but we do unstandardised YOU.

Keep posting your feeling here as it will help YOU and be safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.