Everything seems to be falling apart

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by erjohn6a, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erjohn6a

erjohn6a New Member

I recently learned that no one in my family trusts me. My mom has recently revealed to me that I am a grave disappointment to her. I think that was the thing that hurt the most. My sister wont co sign on a car loan for me because I have bad credit because of a surgery I had to have back in 2008. I am a disappointment to myself, everything seems to be falling apart and I'm only 27 years old. I have no car no relationship no money.
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi erjohn - so glad that you've found SF which is a wonderful place to feel safe and to talk about anything and everything to do with your life, when you are feeling in need of support and encouragement. I am sorry that your mom has said those words to you, they must have really hurt. Do you have a dad around who you can talk to? Are you in employment? Do you live at home, or is there a possibility you can live elsewhere? Trust, (unfortunately perhaps) is something that has to be earned, although it would be nice to believe that those closest to us will trust us anyway, regardless, but something you could say to them would be an empowering question that would help you all, such as: "I understand that you don't trust me, which I find upsetting, and I would like to earn your trust back" (if you DO)..... "Please tell me how you think I could do this"..... Hopefully this will smooth the way forward for you. Blessings and strength, urP
  3. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

As someone who suffers from the same issue of hurtful words from family (It hurts the most coming from your mother).. There are places and people you can turn too, i have been on SF for a little while now and they are some of the most helpful people i have ever spoken too, We are all on this world and i think we owe it to everyone to help people when they fall off to get back on again.

You can always PM me if you feel like you need someone to talk to, good luck and stay safe my friend.

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. I know you will find lots of support from members here. :hug2:
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Welcome erjohn. I hope you find support that helps you during this difficult time :hug:
  6. Hi. I'm new here too. I can relate and I'm 45... Don't feel bad. Sh*t happens to everyone. 27 is very young, and more than enough time to get a career and a relationship if that's what you want. Your mom is nuts for telling you you're a disappointment. Don't live your life for her, live your life for you!

7. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I feel as if everything is falling apart on me as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.