"Everything will be ok" is a big lie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmoday

When someone is suicidal, sometimes people tell him on forums that everything will be ok and the things he's feeling right now are because of depression and they'll be gone. That's a big lie. When were things ok? I'm 25 years old. My life was always pain(there's no point in writing the details). Why would it be any different in the future? Actually it will always get worse because more things happen so more bad memories get in my mind.

When someone is suicidal, sometimes people tell him on forums that everything will be ok and the things he's feeling right now are because of depression and they'll be gone. That's a big lie. When were things ok? I'm 25 years old. My life was always pain(there's no point in writing the details). Why would it be any different in the future? Actually it will always get worse because more things happen so more bad memories get in my mind.
Depression and being suicidal are hand in hand, and if we weren't infact mentally ill we would suffer so much in these ways, but just because the past was bad in no way means the future will be, too. Yeah sometimes we feel so hopeless and helpless, but doesn't mean we are. There are ways to get help, some people find and recieve help so fast and easily, some it takes longer, but either way, saying things can't/won't get better is a lie, hundereds and thousands have been helped by combonations of medications and therapy. And support and healthy coping skills, they will play a part.

Take care :hug:

Asmoday

Taking pills to feel good does not make things ok. I'm not talking about people who are just depressed. You can cure depression with pills but life still sucks.I wasn't depressed when I was 10 years old but I was bullied everyday. Depression pills do not cure bullying. Bullying is just 1 out of thousands of problems. I gave it as an example.

birdy

it is perfectly true! suicide is not a sickness...u cannot cure it. u can suppress it, but not more. one of my best friends was suicidal. doctors said she is cured...well she is not...suicide of course left its marks...now she is afraid of being happy, just because she ain't used to being happy anymore.

however we all can survive...we can supress the thoughts... distract ourselves...stay alive for ourselves, and if not for, then for the people we love...

there always is a hope, there always is a dream, if not for us, then for others, and we can help others realise theirs...

L

letdown

Taking pills to feel good does not make things ok. I'm not talking about people who are just depressed. You can cure depression with pills but life still sucks.I wasn't depressed when I was 10 years old but I was bullied everyday. Depression pills do not cure bullying. Bullying is just 1 out of thousands of problems. I gave it as an example.
Yes. Bullying can effect you very badly and medication may not be very helpful. However, there are counsellors out there that will look at how much the bullying you endured has effected you and how to manage the feelings and horrible memories that you're going through now. It took me a long while to realise how much traumatic events can effect the way one approaches so many different aspects of living, and it can be much much harder to work through than the kind of depression that responds well to medication. But it is worth it. There are possibilities for change.

:hug:

Asmoday

I think I couldn't express myself. Maybe because English is not my native language. I know depression can be cured and I know therapy helps to cope bullying but these are just 2 things. I don't know other people here but I have hundreds of issues. Also the world and people sucks. You can't cure everything. You should get in a spaceship and live in space away from people, that's the only way everything will be ok. What I'm saying is I had first depression about 5-6 years ago(I'm 25 years old right now) but everything was never ok before that as people say. Actually I should have been more depressed when I was young. I wasn't even suicidal, but I was always unhappy. It was never worth living and bearing the pains.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FoundAndLost1

I agree that "Everything will be ok is a big lie"

I hate one size fits all rules and platitudes - like (just one example) God never gives you more than you can handle. FUCK YOU!

"Actually I should have been more depressed when I was young. I wasn't even suicidal, but I was always unhappy. It was never worth living and bearing the pains."...

...It depends on your your life works out. I feel some of waht you feel. Some get more than others. Some get none and then are suddenly shocked. Some get run over everytime they try to roll with the punches... Some STOOPID (!!) psychic once told me that according to my Karma (which he was able to read through his supposed guides!), I only have to come back one more time.

No comfort that. To this day, is still say
"I DONT FUCKING THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It is true that everything may not be okay. But that does not mean things can't change. Nothing is 100 % perfect, nor can it be. We don't choose the things that happen to us such as bullying, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc. But we do choose, in part what we do with them. You mention your friend that is afraid to be happy because she no longer knows what happiness is. This is true for a great many people. It is easier for us to accept what we know than to go through what we have to suffer for them to change. Is this a choice? Yes it is, and a difficult one at best. I don't pretend to have all the answers. If I did, I obviously would not have ever come searching for a place providing methods and stumbled across SF instead. Has it changed my life? Yes. Is evrything okay? No. Will it ever be? I have no idea, but if I don't stick around long enough to find out, how will I ever know?

Asmoday

Of course it will never be perfect but my life will never be good enough to be happy and worth living. Life has always been withstanding of pain mostly.

How many times have i used that phrase that things will never be good enough. I cannot even begin to count it. I guess it depends on who sets the standard as to what good enough really is. No, I don't think things are really ever good enough. Does that mean they cannot be good? No it doesn't. I really hope you can find something in your life that you can say was good enough. Even if it is only one small thing, and then build on that. Please take care. You are in my thoughts.

Look hun, I have been thru bullying /(hell I was bullied by everyone, didn't have a friend in the world) also I was sexually and physically abused by several people :dry: sexual abuse/rape started at 7 years old, I think I understand. I've gotten and am still getting help. You can also if you chose to get help. I'm here if you'd like to talk about anything. :hug:

Asmoday

You neither know me nor know my life so you can't tell me that you understand. Bullying was just an example. It's nothing compared to other things.

Ruby

She was trying to be helpful :dry:

Do you not have any hope whatsoever? I'm not going to go on preaching about how great life is, because I know that it isn't. But I want to know, do you have any hope?

Asmoday

I know she's just trying to help but I'm just getting annoyed. I don't buy that happy crap.
In the past I had hope. Later I found out that hope means less pain now but more pain in the future. So no I don't have hope. There are many things that are not reversable.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
I dunno if what I'm saying is wrong, just thought of saying it. If you truly did not have any hope whatsoever, would you not have already taken your own life?

You neither know me nor know my life so you can't tell me that you understand. Bullying was just an example. It's nothing compared to other things.
What I meant was I understand how badly abuse and bullying effect people. Not that I know percisely how you feel. I am not trying to argue you or whatever yu are assuming. I ws just trying to be there for you and let you know that I understand how devastating that type of thing can be and offer my friendship. Sorry if I am just being useless. :(

:hug:

Asmoday

Thanks but I didnt post this topic for compassion. I just wanted to state my opinion about that retarded statement "things will be ok" and read other people's opinions to see if I'm missing something(although I'm pretty sure I'm not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00