Discussion in 'Welcome' started by itmahanh, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Each time I sign in to SF, I do my "tour" of the different threads and posts. I put my own 2 cents in where I can. But I can never bring myself to come here. I want so badly to welcome all you new members. To tell you what a truly remarkable place you have just found. A place that for many is impossible in real life, a place to just feel you belong and are heard. Where you will find unconditional support and caring from people who are no different than you. People that are feeling and thinking the same things you are. A place to make a few new friends. A place to discover you are not alone.

But I cant. And the reason is because it hurts to know so many people are hurting so badly. Needing a place like SF. So I do my "tour" knowing that you are being welcomed here by some of the best members SF has to offer. I "lurk" and wait for you to post somewhere else then unleash myself with advice and caring words.

So guess after it's all said and done... welcome. Please grab hold of one or several of the hands that are going to come your way. Let the support and care of the members here help you through the dark days and they'll be there to enjoy the bright days too. But most importantly, welcome to a place that you can belong as long as you need to. And even maybe one day, to be able to do those same things for another new member.
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I reach out when I can. I have my own problems so I have to be realistic about how much I can do. I'm grateful that I can do some reaching out.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Your heartfelt posts and welcomes in your own way are every bit as needed as the welcomes from all others. We each have our strengths and weaknesses and ways of dealing with what we can. I hope each of us remembers the importance of supporting each other in any way and by wharever means we can. :hug:
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I just hope that every new member that reads this understands what a terrific opportunity they have at SF of finally being able to put their pains into words, that they are no longer alone and that they have found some truly incredible people that will support and help in any way they can. Good luck to all that come here that one day you can leave in a better sense then when you found yourself first here.
  5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean :hug:
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

7. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.